Back of phone dropped in water, however phone still turns on and off by itself

jcrolltidemoore

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
I recently dropped my Note 4 in water with the screen facing up. It did not get fully submerged, as the white dots inside the back cover are still white and not pink.

I pulled out the battery and put the phone in rice. It now comes on, vibrates twice, shows the initial "Samsung Galaxy Note 4" screen and then goes off again and does the same thing continuously. Are there any suggestions to get around this other than taking it to Geek Squad?

Would a factory reset help or would it be pointless and I need to send the phone back to Verizon?

Thanks!

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
If it were me, I'd try to boot it into download mode or recovery and let it sit . . if it can't sit there in download mode/recovery for a long period of time without rebooting then there's obviously damage and any attempt to do a factory reset is likely to fail since the phone will reboot in the middle of the process.

jcrolltidemoore

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
It will go into Maintenance Boot Mode and sit without shutting off or resetting. I tried the factory reset from that point and it would continue to shut off and back on in the same fashion. I am thinking it may be a battery problem and not the phone