No app notifications after factory reset

gorgalis

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I bit the bullet and did a factory reset. I restored all my apps with Smart Switch and restored the data with Helium.

The problem is, I no longer get notifications from most of my apps. They are turned on, I tried toggling them on and off, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, nothing works.

Anyone experience anything like this?

I get notifications from SMS, Gmail, and other system apps, I am referring to apps like ESPN, Fitbit, etc.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
You may wish to open Settings>Sound and notification>Application notifications. Look at the apps listed and click on those not sending notifications and see if they need to have "notifications" turned on.

For what its worth, when I did a factory reset after the update as a matter of course, I let the App Store re-install all my apps from the backup list the App Store keeps. I have never had an issue such as yours by re-installing apps this way.

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
I bit the bullet and did a factory reset. I restored all my apps with Smart Switch and restored the data with Helium.

The problem is, I no longer get notifications from most of my apps. They are turned on, I tried toggling them on and off, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, nothing works.

Anyone experience anything like this?

I get notifications from SMS, Gmail, and other system apps, I am referring to apps like ESPN, Fitbit, etc.

I am experiencing this at a larger scale, as it includes No notifications on ALL my apps (including SMS and Gmail). So if you are the guy with no shoes, then I am the guy with no feet :)
Anyway I think there is a Lollipop bug that is causing this, and hope the 5.1 update will fix it, so I can get my feet back.

gorgalis

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I am experiencing this at a larger scale, as it includes No notifications on ALL my apps (including SMS and Gmail). So if you are the guy with no shoes, then I am the guy with no feet :)
Anyway I think there is a Lollipop bug that is causing this, and hope the 5.1 update will fix it, so I can get my feet back.

I went a few weeks without the factory reset and everything was perfect, with the exception of the battery drain.

Now, after the factory reset, I have this issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol