Pandora stopped working with 2011 Ford Edge

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I had no trouble pairing the phone with the car and Pandora GENERALLY worked. Sometimes the selection titles wouldn't show on the car screen and sometime they would.
Today, on a trip down I26 to Greenville Pandora worked fine - not even dropping out from losing a cell tower, which is pretty good. Saw the song titles too.
On the way, home, however, Pandora refused to work. I turned bluetooth off and on, Pandora off and on, checked that the phone was communicating with the car. Rebooted the phone.
Nothing worked.
Decided to test my husband's Samsung S3 with the car and Pandora worked fine.
Could this be some sort of Lollipop aberration - Yeah...I know when a phone has a new operating system, everything is blamed on it!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Could be. Bluetooth doesn't specify a data format, just a means of getting data from here to there. It's like a straw. If you're sipping soda through it, it's fine. If you're sipping hydrochloric acid through it won't work (for long, anyway). Bluetooth is the straw. Lollipop could have changed the data format slightly. See if Ford has any updates for the radio. (Four years, in cellphone terms, is generations.)

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I've had a couple oddball issues with Pandora and Bluetooth lately but I've had issues with all my previous phones even when I was on iOS. Usually a quick restart fixes any kind of issues I'm having with it and it'll work fine afterwards. Sometimes my Bluetooth acts up and I have to either turn it off on my phone and it'll connect when turned back on, or turn the deck itself off. I'm using an aftermarket stereo in both my vehicles and Pandora works pretty flawlessly when it comes to displaying track info :)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante