Well, the battery issues with the S6 are getting me thinking of returning it during my trial
    Anyone who could convert me to jumping ship and getting the Note ? I've read a few reviews and they are impressive

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-22-2015 08:32 PM
    Can't speak on the S6, as I've never even held one. Can say though, that the Note 4 battery has been quite impressive. And this is with GPS, Wifi, Bluetooth, & Google syncing allowed to run wild. I have, however, disabled much of the Samsung/Verizon/Galaxy bloatware.

You'll certainly find some threads here reporting less than stellar battery life, but the majority seem to be quite pleased with it.

Performance has been fantastic, both on 4.4.4 & 5.0.1.

Camera is great too, believe I read that it's very similar to (if not exactly the same) as what the S6 has.

If you're generally pleased with the S6 experience other than battery life, & can handle the size of the Note 4, I say go for it.
    04-22-2015 09:11 PM
    What kind of battery issues is the S6 having? Isn't it a little early to panic? I thought new phones took a couple of days to settle in. IMO, you either want a bigger screen or not. I wouldn't compare the two. The Note 4 is a cycle behind tech-wise generally. Yes, it does have a removable battery and SD expansion. The camera in the S6 is supposed to be superior to the Note 4.
    Can you get a replacement for the battery issues and see if it's just that phone?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    04-22-2015 09:20 PM
    Well, the battery issues with the S6 are getting me thinking of returning it during my trial
    Anyone who could convert me to jumping ship and getting the Note ? I've read a few reviews and they are impressive

Both are great phones. The only real difference is the screen size and the same pen. Though the note 4 does have more power out of the box. That is a easy fix with a after market battery.

04-23-2015 12:48 AM

Both awesome phones, but the S6 is a "better" phone. It has a crisper screen, but smaller (if that's what you like). It has a better OS (in the sense that it's a lot lighter and less bloatware, hopefully that will come to the Note 4... But who knows!). Its camera is better, as well (watch a few reviews, especially the MKBHD one released yesterday or the day before)... Battery life is a lot worse. Design I like, and feel as well. I keep a case on my Note 4 because I don't like the texture of the plastic leather feel... I went on Aliexpress and bought some different backs, when they come, I'll post some reviews.

To summarize - both awesome phones, but the S6 came out later and therefore is a little bit better. But the Note 4 is still and will be an awesome phone for a very long time...
    04-23-2015 12:59 AM