My pop3 trash bin is empty but shows a message count.

kellyjdrummer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Good morning all.

I've used a few search terms specific to my anomaly, but have turned up no results, so here it is.

Galaxy Note 4, not rooted, KitKat OS.

I use two server based pop3 accounts on my Galaxy Note 4 as well as the provisional Gmail account.
I view my e-mails in my combined inbox folder. I delete them from that folder as well. Then, of course, I go to the trash folder and empty it.
My issue is simple, but I have found no other solution than deleting my accounts and adding them back. The Trash folder shows nothing in it, but retains a message count.
However, the count does not change, even though there are no messages in the folder.
Screen shots of this headache below.
Any clues? I have "Delete email from server 'When deleted from Inbox' selected in both accounts. I have logged into my server from my laptop, (my business domain for at least 12 years) and deleted the messages on my phone, refresh the server folder on my computer and see that they are deleted on the server from my computer view, so everything is fine, but they still show as being in my Trash folder count on my Note 4. I don't get it.
empty trash1.png

kellyjdrummer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Admins, you can delete this if you feel so inclined.

Composed using photons collected for use in the Galaxy Note 4.
I throw hissy fits for fun and profit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20