What are password requirements?

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Password requirements

Since Lollipop, my battery life has been poor. It seems OK for a while and then will fall very quickly. I've tried clearing the system cache (several times), and have deleted all non-essential apps, but it continues.

So, I've decided to bite-the-bullet and do a factory reset. I normally use the fingerprint scanner to unlock the lock screen, and don't remember my password. The factory reset requires the password. I generally use variations of several passwords, but, can't seem to find the right one.

If I knew the password requirements, I might be able to remember what I used. Does anyone know the password requirements - e.g., does it require a capital letter; does it require a special character; how many characters, etc., etc.

thanks,
bert

-- Never mind - I just found it on the verizon site - it's 4-16 characters - no special chars required.

Last edited:

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Password requirements

I used it once on kitkat. 4 numerical and 2 alpha was the minimum requirement. Don't remember being forced to use capitol letters and definitely not forced to use special characters. If you do tge factory reset through recovery it should not require a password?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12