It happens randomly once or twice a day. . All my apps that anything to do with time then blow up... Google picture backup is 7,000+ days past due, automateit jumps through tons of rules, etc.

Anyone else have this problem. It happened before and after a factory reset, always with lollipop, but not for a few weeks until after I upgraded to lollipop. I figure it has to be an app.
    04-23-2015 04:54 PM
    It happens randomly once or twice a day. . All my apps that anything to do with time then blow up... Google picture backup is 7,000+ days past due, automateit jumps through tons of rules, etc.

Anyone else have this problem. It happened before and after a factory reset, always with lollipop, but not for a few weeks until after I upgraded to lollipop. I figure it has to be an app.
    No, I haven't. .. but that is actually quite creepy... be interested to see what you find...

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-23-2015 11:39 PM
    I think it's probably an app as well.

Have you installed any apps that are not from a well know developer? If so, start there, You don't have to delete the app but you can disable it and see what happens.
    ehstaley likes this.
    04-24-2015 08:05 AM
    Under "Date and Time" in Settings/General, do you have your device set to automatically set the date and time? Your phone is pretty capable of keeping reasonably accurate time for a day or two. I'd just turn that off for a day and see if the problem goes away. If it does, there's either a cached bit of bad data somewhere that the app is trying to read, or you have a bad signal coming off a local cell tower a couple times a day.
    04-24-2015 08:28 AM
    I think it's probably an app as well.

Have you installed any apps that are not from a well know developer? If so, start there, You don't have to delete the app but you can disable it and see what happens.
    I have it narrowed down to text messages from my bank or the app automateit.

I removed automateit and reinstalled it and the problem has stopped.

But I also deleted the text messages that said they were from the year 2034... They were annoying because they wouldn't leave the top of my sms list, but I doubt they were causing the problem.

I have noticed problems with most of the apps I have that I restored data with Helium. I would not get notifications unless I uninsulated and reinstalled the app. Hopefully that was the cause of the problem.
    NexusGirlX likes this.
    04-24-2015 09:51 PM
    I think I have seen something like this somewhere before, I just can't remember where....oh yeah, it was in a DeLorean, once it was turned on it showed a future date. Maybe if you shake your phone at 88 MPH, you will be able to call yourself 19 years from now.
    juliesdroidsync likes this.
    04-25-2015 12:01 AM
    Next time you travel to the future please send us a message and let us know what it's like. Maybe you'll meet George Jetson. πŸ‘½πŸ‘ΎπŸ‘½πŸ‘ΎπŸ‘½πŸ‘ΎπŸ‘½πŸ‘ΎπŸ‘½πŸ‘Ύ

Posted via Android Central App
    juliesdroidsync likes this.
    04-25-2015 12:38 AM