I'd like to know what caller ID app works the best for blocking and figuring out what is spam. I've tried a couple... I like using the default Droid dialer and text.

Also if anyone knows how to let the note 4 auto rotate the lock screen that would rock. It sucks in the car mount having it sideways

Thank you!
    Michael
    04-23-2015 05:59 PM
    I'd like to know what caller ID app works the best for blocking and figuring out what is spam.
    About the only thing that actually figures out what's spam is, is a Bayesian spam filter, and there's no app for that. You can block by number, by pattern (like any number starting with 800 or any number with an area code of 000), but spam filtering is done by content, and an incoming phone call has no content, so you can't block it by anything but the number. (And, since a lot of phone banks [places that place thousands of calls an hour by computer] show random callerIDs, you can't block by number either in most cases.)

I've used BlackList. It can handle regular expressions, so you can block a number with or without the 1 or +1 prefix, with or without the area code, etc. But you can't block "all callers trying to sell me insurance", or anything like that. Emails, yes. Phone calls, no. (POPfile is probably one of the best email filters, but it's not available for phones unless you're ready to install Perl and some Perl modules on your phone, and there's no app to do that - you have to understand Linux.)
    04-23-2015 11:38 PM
    I'm using an app called Sync.ME. The app is bassicaly blocking phone calls and messages from spammers etc. Also, there is an option to sync your FB contacts into your phone contacts including the profile picture.
    05-27-2015 09:06 AM
    I'm using an app called Sync.MEAlso, there is an option to sync your FB contacts into your phone contacts including the profile picture.
    I believe that feature already exists within the FB app.
    05-27-2015 09:35 AM