01-20-2016 08:43 PM
61 123
tools
    Everyone i talked too said battery life now sucks. 20 plus people I've talked too, its definitely the software.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Lisa Call likes this.
    04-27-2015 09:29 PM
    My Note 4 updated this morning on T-Mobile. It doesn't seem any worse or better for battery life, even after the huge app downloads for LP and all the other apps that needed to update for compatibility purposes.

04-27-2015 09:42 PM
    Everyone i talked too said battery life now sucks. 20 plus people I've talked too, its definitely the software.

Not sure its definitely the software. I've been on lollipop since Verizon released the update. It's been fine for me as you can see from my screenshot.
    Attached Thumbnails Battery draining faster after lollipop update-1430186613531.jpg  
    04-27-2015 10:04 PM
    I made a factory reset and after that all my picures in gallery are gone as well as many notes in snote as well all data from all apps,paswords and everything
    I had made a backup before restoring but photos not coming back
    How can I recover them?

04-28-2015 12:01 AM
    My battery life is definitely worse since the update.
    I'm not that bothered because it still lasts a normal day and I have a couple of spares for times when I'm away from a charger for long periods of heavy use.

It's definitely not in people's heads though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    04-28-2015 01:44 AM
    I made a factory reset and after that all my picures in gallery are gone as well as many notes in snote as well all data from all apps,paswords and everything
    I had made a backup before restoring but photos not coming back
    How can I recover them?

You did a factory reset which resets the phone as a brand new phone. All settings are reset, pictures and music are deleted and the phone is basically the way it got to you out the box.

unless you had those things backed up, they are gone.
    04-28-2015 01:55 AM
    I can also tell you this.. Here on AC after every single update, people say battery life is worse. It seems that after an update, your battery generally needs a few days to "settle in" or something.

For years now, I have never seen an update and I've seen many on many phones, that there wasn't a thread just like this and people generally get it sorted out.

If you go to the usage meter and look at apps and data, you will find disabled apps running in the background.

It is utter BS for us to disable something and it still runs and uses battery and data, but it is happening. There is also a ton more bloatware with 5.0.1, so if you haven't disabled some of it, you might want to.
    04-28-2015 01:56 AM
    My last 3 Galaxy devices, including this one, did not require factory resets after Android updates. It isn't always necessary to factory reset for a major update.
    Not always necessary, but a good idea.
    04-28-2015 09:01 AM

Here is one that has not had battery issues after the update.
    Adawg1203 and geekaren like this.
    04-28-2015 09:07 AM
    Not always necessary, but a good idea.
    It's only a good idea if your phone is not functioning properly after the update.
    Adawg1203 likes this.
    04-28-2015 09:09 AM
    It's only a good idea if your phone is not functioning properly after the update.
    Actually that is incorrect. It is recommended to always do a reset with an update.
    04-28-2015 11:09 AM
    Actually that is incorrect. It is recommended to always do a reset with an update.
    It is repeated like a catechism on most android forums, but it is definitely not "recommended" unless your phone needs it.

I've been upgrading Samsung devices specifically and Android generally for 5 years now. One device needed a reset after an upgrade.
    04-28-2015 11:29 AM
    It is repeated like a catechism on most android forums, but it is definitely not "recommended" unless your phone needs it.

I've been upgrading Samsung devices specifically and Android generally for 5 years now. One device needed a reset after an upgrade.
    It is actually recommend by Samsung. At least they have been telling me that for the last 15 years of Samsung phones I've owned.
    04-28-2015 12:15 PM
    It is actually recommend by Samsung. At least they have been telling me that for the last 15 years of Samsung phones I've owned.
    And if you call any software support company, they'll tell you to uninstall/reinstall the software if you're having problems. That doesn't mean it is a necessary step to get the problem solved. They're just going to have you perform basic troubleshooting measures to cover all bases. If you're calling Samsung for help on an OS problem, that is a carrier issue, so of course they're going to tell you to reset the device. That's the only thing they can suggest, they're not the carrier.

On the support site for my carrier, nowhere on the update instructions does it indicate that a reset is required or recommended as part of the process.

It is only recommended if you're having problems after the update.

But hey, if it makes you feel better to reset your device after an upgrade, nobody is telling you not to. I won't fault you for doing it, if that is what you want to do.

I'm simply saying, if your device is working just fine after the update, there is no need to reset it.
    geekaren and Joe Evaristo like this.
    04-28-2015 12:23 PM
    And if you call any software support company, they'll tell you to uninstall/reinstall the software if you're having problems. That doesn't mean it is a necessary step to get the problem solved. They're just going to have you perform basic troubleshooting measures to cover all bases. If you're calling Samsung for help on an OS problem, that is a carrier issue, so of course they're going to tell you to reset the device. That's the only thing they can suggest, they're not the carrier.

On the support site for my carrier, nowhere on the update instructions does it indicate that a reset is required or recommended as part of the process.

It is only recommended if you're having problems after the update.

But hey, if it makes you feel better to reset your device after an upgrade, nobody is telling you not to. I won't fault you for doing it, if that is what you want to do.

I'm simply saying, if your device is working just fine after the update, there is no need to reset it.
    This.

I can't believe the amount of people recommending that they rest the phone to factory.

My computer at home has been acting up and being very sluggish for the past four months and rebooting several times a week which is something it never did before. The only thing I did in those months was install something called Net Nanny. I removed that app and the computer has been running great for the past two weeks. I was ready to restore a a new computer and I'm glad I didn't.

I upgraded my Note 4 list night and didn't do a reset. After 12 hours standby, it's on 67%battery which is great with two hours screen time.

I can't tell you how many times on these forums people end up losing pictures they took or music and other things because they were told to do a reset and had no idea what that would actually do.
    Joe Evaristo and ravenmoon50 like this.
    04-28-2015 02:18 PM
    I had huge problems with battery life after the update as well. A good solution for me was deactivating useless apps and all the bloatware that comes from Samsung.. altogether about 25 apps. After that everything is fine.

04-28-2015 03:19 PM
    I had huge problems with battery life after the update as well. A good solution for me was deactivating useless apps and all the bloatware that comes from Samsung.. altogether about 25 apps. After that everything is fine.

Will you share what you had disabled?
    04-28-2015 03:27 PM
    New firmware isn't the same as a new app or new program on your phone.
    04-28-2015 06:15 PM
    I've been on Android since Cupcake. I never do an update without a reset, ever. I also reset before the update and I reset in recovery mode.

It is really better to update on a clean phone, then reset and clear cache after the update.

One time I did not follow those personal rules.

Guess how many times I've had issues after numerous upgrades? Once. When I didn't reset.
    It makes no difference if you do a factory reset and wipe cache before or after an OS update. The old OS files get wiped out on a reset after you update the OS. I going to guess you don't have a clue what factory reset (wipe) does.
    Joe Evaristo likes this.
    04-29-2015 11:20 PM
    It makes no difference if you do a factory reset and wipe cache before or after an OS update. The old OS files get wiped out on a reset after you update the OS. I going to guess you don't have a clue what factory reset (wipe) does.
    I know exactly what a factory reset does.

There are many long time Android users that find updates, especially large ones, go much smoother with the reset after and some of us like to do the reset before and after. The clearing the cache just wipes anything that possibly could have been left.

YMMV, however, that doesn't mean I don't know what a reset does.
    04-30-2015 12:21 AM
    Will you share what you had disabled?
    That's my list. I'm getting about 7 hours SOT out of it.

Attached Thumbnails Battery draining faster after lollipop update-screenshot_2015-05-01-21-35-28.jpg   Battery draining faster after lollipop update-screenshot_2015-05-01-21-35-18.jpg   Battery draining faster after lollipop update-screenshot_2015-05-01-21-35-08.jpg   Battery draining faster after lollipop update-screenshot_2015-05-01-21-34-58.jpg  
    PainFX and geekaren like this.
    05-01-2015 03:37 PM
    That's my list. I'm getting about 7 hours SOT out of it.

7 hours of screen time is awesome! At what percent of battery life left?
    05-01-2015 03:41 PM
    Zero :'D

05-01-2015 03:43 PM
    How much do you get?

05-01-2015 03:44 PM
    How much do you get?

5-6 hours of screen time. 10% left
    05-01-2015 06:37 PM
61 123