When I miss a call and someone leaves a voicemail message, I get both the standard voicemail notification pop-up AND I also get a text message saying I have voicemail from this number.

Is there any way to disable getting that text message? I don't need it, and it means one more step of having to delete this after picking up the voice message. I looked at the settings in both the dialer app and the messaging app, and found nothing.

I'm using the Note 4 with Lollipop update, running stock Samsung (Touchwiz), using the stock dialer and messaging app.

Thanks for letting me know!
    04-24-2015 03:28 PM
    When I miss a call and someone leaves a voicemail message, I get both the standard voicemail notification pop-up AND I also get a text message saying I have voicemail from this number.

Is there any way to disable getting that text message? I don't need it, and it means one more step of having to delete this after picking up the voice message. I looked at the settings in both the dialer app and the messaging app, and found nothing.

I'm using the Note 4 with Lollipop update, running stock Samsung (Touchwiz), using the stock dialer and messaging app.

Thanks for letting me know!
    Try disabling notifications for messaging.
    04-24-2015 04:07 PM
    It's not the notification for messaging that's the problem (I actually want to be notified when I get a SMS); it's getting a SMS when I get a voicemail that I don't want, and don't know how/where to disable (if that's even possible)!
    04-24-2015 04:53 PM
    It's not the notification for messaging that's the problem (I actually want to be notified when I get a SMS); it's getting a SMS when I get a voicemail that I don't want, and don't know how/where to disable (if that's even possible)!
    That sounds like a carrier thing and not a phone thing. Ask your carrier.
    04-24-2015 05:10 PM