I don't really notice a breathtaking difference after the Lollipop upgrade. Now I'm sure my lock screen is not acting properly. Notifications now appear on my lock screen and I can't stop them from appearing plus I can no longer get my owner info to appear on that screen.
    Am I missing something ... is it possible that Lollipop (5.0.1.) did not install properly?
    Any feedback would be appreciated.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-24-2015 09:58 PM
    Well, one of the new features of Lollipop is, precisely, the ability to show notifications on the lockscreen, but those should be able to be disabled from the Settings (I haven't received the update on my Note 4, but on the Tab S, it's under Device, Sounds and Notifications.

Now, here's the kicker. Lollipop removed widget support from the Lockscreen, so now, instead of having the beautiful artwork on the background with big, accessible buttons on the screen, you get music controls relegated to a small notification card. Further kick in the nuts? If you, like me, hate notifications in the lockscreen and disable them, the music controls on the locscreen are just gone. Only way to get to them is by swiping down on the notification bar. Your phone is no longer very car-friendly.
    04-24-2015 11:09 PM
    Ed, I also am underwhelmed by Lollipop...I'm sorry I upgraded, actually. But the owner info can apparently be restored to the lock screen. In the settings, find LOCK SCREEN and one of the options is to have owner data on that screen.(By the way, what happened to the lefthand lower button which used to bring up a link to settings and now has wallpaper,widgets and home screen settings?) Does it work? Sorry, can't help there because that's not my style and haven't tried it, but give it a shot. Good luck...and if you find something about incoming texts, let me know! I want to see incoming texts show up on the lock screen as they did with KitKat...I could tell who sent it and several words of the text....I'd trade the Lollipop in to have that neat feature back! Thanks, John
    04-24-2015 11:19 PM