WIfi connected but not working.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
My girlfriends S5 is working and my laptop is working fine on my home wifi. My phone is connected but I cant do anything. even with the data on with wifi on no webpages work, speedtest fails etc. I restarted and disconnected from my router and reconnected. still nothing.

just happened. I was checking facebook via the stock browser and suddenly it wouldnt refresh. any suggestions other than factory resetting? Gonna do a cache partition dump now.

ajnevares

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Had the same problem after upgrading to LP (verizon) and drove me crazy...then went into with WiFi and forgot my connection, then reconnected and no issues

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Got home from work again, activated WiFi and connected to my router and again no Internet access with my phone. Laptops work but not my phone. Now even a cache partition wipe isn't working. Im using my limited data plan to post this in my own dang house!

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-25-19-56-30.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-25-19-56-30.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_2015-04-25-19-58-16.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-25-19-58-16.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 32

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
It's happening again. Connected to working verified WiFi and I keep losing connection to the Internet on my note 4. It's very frustrating.

Cache wipe -
Restart -
Not helping.
Is anyone else experiencing this?

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
On your home network, give your Note 4 a static IP number instead of the DHCP in advanced settings. It may sort the issue out

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok that is the screen I want... But I can't edit the ip or save it after selecting static

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Dang ok this time it worked. I cant tell if it's making a difference because my connection was fine this morning. Could other people on my WiFi affect this?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Dang ok this time it worked. I cant tell if it's making a difference because my connection was fine this morning. Could other people on my WiFi affect this?

I don't know if it will help this issue you are having, but.. I've seen a few people saying their WiFi is very slow at home. Many of them said the Android System WebView needed to be updated.

If you go to the Play Store and it says it is updated, you might want to go to App manager, force stop it, uninstall updates, clear data and then go to the Play Store and update it again and see if that helps any.

I don't know if it will affect your issue at all, but since it is close to being extremely slow on WiFi since the update, figure it is worth trying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC