NOTE 4 or S6

thatdude93

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I need opinions, Do you guys think leaving the Note 4 for the Galaxy s6 is a upgrade or downgrade? I really like the s6. Not sure if i should buy it or wait for the Note 5. What do you guys think?

Sent from my Frost White T-Mobile Galaxy Note 4

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
note 4 has removable battery and stylus and a 750 nits max brightness screen.
S6 has a better camera (I've tried it. awesome), no removable battery or stylus and doesn't get as bright.
who knows if samsung will put a removable battery in the Note 5. if the do, I will buy it. :)

reports indicate battery life is worse on S6 than S5. Notes do better with battery life, so there is a plus for the Note series. oh, and every note I have heard has a better speaker than any S series. I use speaker phone mode almost exclusively so that's important to me, but wasn't the determining factoring in buying a Note instead of S series. I hope to see the great camera of the S6 a part of the upcoming Note 5 or maybe it will be even better. In any event, having a Note makes it hard to go back down in size and features. I will be so pissed if Sammy makes the battery non-removable.

Last edited:

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I need opinions, Do you guys think leaving the Note 4 for the Galaxy s6 is a upgrade or downgrade? I really like the s6. Not sure if i should buy it or wait for the Note 5. What do you guys think?

Answer the below 2 questions. If the answer is NO to both. Then go get the S6, It's that simple.
1. Is having bigger screen important to you?
2. Do you use S Pen?

Have fun!
Ya, ya ya, we all know about no removable battery and no SD slot. But it really comes down to bigger screen and S Pen. That's what the Note is all about.

Posted via the Android Central App

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Non removable battery isn't a huge deal for me. I have a backup for my note and rarely swap out. However the smaller screen and the edge not being utilized like the Note edge is a huge deal. Waiting for note 5 here.

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I just switched to the S6 from the Note 4. I just wanted a smaller and lighter phone. I like to listen to music with headphones on and I found the size of the Note 4 to be a hindrance. It doesn't fit that well in my pants pocket and at work when I put it in my lab coat pocket it pulls the whole front of my lab coat down on that side! The S-pen is nice to have but I was only using it once in a blue moon. I should mention that for YouTube and Netflix I use my iPad so losing the screen real estate isn't so bad for me except having to re-train my thumbs how to type on a smaller screen. If you are going to do a lot of video watching on your phone you might want the bigger screen. The battery life is not as good on the S6 but I'm usually at home, work or in my car so I can recharge in any of those places if need be. My Note 4 has 32 gb of internal memory and a 32 gb sd card. I've used approximately half of that space so I felt pretty confident a 64 gb S6 would be ok for me. I haven't had my S6 long enough to compare the camera performance.

I think either one you choose you will have an awesome phone!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
For me it's now all about size. Anything under 5.5 inches is just too small. Except for the improved finger print scanner, you can do more with a Note 4 than with an S6. Force yourself to use the S pen and you will see the difference it makes. Even looks like LG is coming out with an LG note, so what does that tell you.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Answer the below 2 questions. If the answer is NO to both. Then go get the S6, It's that simple.
1. Is having bigger screen important to you?
2. Do you use S Pen?

Have fun!
Ya, ya ya, we all know about no removable battery and no SD slot. But it really comes down to bigger screen and S Pen. That's what the Note is all about.

This is what it comes down to. I just picked up the Note 4 yesterday. I looked at the Note 4, Note Edge, S6 and S6 Edge. The S6 phones are great, but I really like having the S-Pen and bigger screen. The s6 would be great about 10% of the time when I wish my phone was smaller. Other than that the S6 doesn't offer anything over the Note 4 for what I use my phone for.

It is a personal choice. Figure out what you want out of your phone and make the choice for you. They are all great devices for different people.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
The battery is what drew me to the note series, ive bounced back amd forth between the notes amd the motorola droids with big batteries.

The note 4 has so much to offer, but the big screen and big battery is the main reason i love it.

I was really excited about the S6, not because i wanted one but i wanted to see the direction samsung was going in.. to be honest FOR ME going from a note 4 (or note 3 for that matter) would be a downgrade. But thats my opinion.

Like i said, i love the note line, and the motorola droid line, i come home after a 12 hour shift with anywhere from 45 to 60 percent battery left.. that does it for me lol.. dont think i could get that from an s6

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Non removable battery isn't a huge deal for me. I have a backup for my note and rarely swap out.
I swap every month - and I have a V-551 (one of the first phones that had a camera) that's still running on the original pair of batteries. If you're really careful with lithium batteries they'll last so long that a battery will be worth more than the phone. ($20 would be a ripoff for a V-551 today - so if I might "lose" the phone or it might get damaged, that's the one I throw in my pocket. Replacing it would be a lot cheaper than replacing my Note 3, even with the insurance.)

BullGuard8

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I was in your same situation a month back lost as to what to get......then I came to know that the S6 has a smaller battery capacity than even the S5 despite it having higher specs, better camera, so I bought the Note 4.

- Note 4 has a 3200 mAH battery, you can use it for 2 days easily on a single charge
- Note 4 has a better camera, even though they're both 16MP, just take a look at the 2nd page in this camera shootout and look at the red carpet on the balcony, on the S6, it lacks details, you can't see the yellow lines in the red carpet, the Note 4's lens is better:

Intergalactic camera shootout: Galaxy S6 vs. Galaxy S5 vs. Note 4 vs. iPhone 6 - GSMArena.com

33xj6o6.jpg

- Note 4 has expandable memory, so it turns out much cheaper if you just add a 128GB SD card later when you need more storage space. With the S6, going for the 128GB will drill a hole in your pocket as it's very expensive

- Note 4 has a bigger screen, a pleasure to browse the web and view apps with more screen real estate

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Having owned a Note2, Note 3, iphone 6+, and now the S6 Edge for me it came down to wanting internal storage more than swappable battery and microSD card. If the screen size is a must (I do miss it) then I would opt for the Note 4, but if internal storage is more important then you may want to get the S6 or wait for the Note 5 which I feel will include more memory but find a way to still keep the microsd card due to its high cost already.

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I felt the S6 was too small for me ... I will stay with my Note 4 and wait until the note 5 comes out.

indysteve9

May 8, 2011
Visit site

The S6 doesn't offer removable battery or microSD card slot so for me it's a no brainer for the Note 4 which I just purchased... and love.

radicchio

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Best option is to play with both phones in the store and decide. I'm just glad there are so many choices haha.

I agree with this. After the S6 was released I thought I might want to get that phone. So I went into a local carrier's store and spent some time with both the N4 and S6. I knew almost instantly that the S6 was too small for me. You may do the same thing and have the opposite reaction---only you can determine that. They each have their strong points and appear to be good phones, it's just a question of personal needs and preferences.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I decided to wait for the Note 5

Perhaps a wise choice. You have the Note 4 now?

For me, starting tomorrow, I will return my gold S6 Edge that I have since 4/16/15, and revert to my Note 4. The S6 Edge is by far the best looking phone I have ever owned, but nothing beats the Note 4!!! You can do so much more with it. I love the functionality and versatility, no other phone comes close. If you have the patience and time for the big learning curve, get the Note 4. If you want something goodlooking and more user friendly out of the box, get the S6 or S6 Edge. I can't wait for the Note 5 come November.

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Note 5 is going the way of the s6. So for those of you so say removable battery and sd card is important. Note 4 could be your last phone.