To get back to normal, the only solution is to pull the battery. Drives me crazy.

All of this started after lolipop upgrade.

I should add, it doesn't happen all the time. In the past week, 3 times.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-26-2015 10:51 AM
    Might as well cover the first thing you will be asked, did you do a factory reset.
    dpham00 and toenail_flicker like this.
    04-26-2015 10:10 PM
    Before doing a factory reset, I would try a cache partition wipe, which doesn't erase any personal data, and which can be useful after major system updates: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-14686
    nahoku and dpham00 like this.
    04-27-2015 01:02 AM
    you cannot even turn it off? or hard reset?
    04-28-2015 08:17 AM
    I tried both, will do another cache wipe.

Yah when it happens, nothing else helps but taking out the battery. Which is actually pain in the bum, because I have to take the case off...

Surprised nobody else is experiencing this after lolipop update.

05-03-2015 07:10 PM
    I started having this happen on my Verizon Note 4 the last couple nights. I'd wake up in the middle of the night to the bright red Verizon boot screen, and nothing I try can fix it except pulling the battery.

It actually did it to me night before last, I did a battery pull and reboot it, and when I woke up again the next morning it was stuck on the boot screen again.

I've been having a lot of annoying small bugs with Lollipop, but this one I consider a deal breaker since it means I can't trust my alarm to go off anymore either.
    05-03-2015 07:55 PM
    I started having this happen on my Verizon Note 4 the last couple nights. I'd wake up in the middle of the night to the bright red Verizon boot screen, and nothing I try can fix it except pulling the battery.

It actually did it to me night before last, I did a battery pull and reboot it, and when I woke up again the next morning it was stuck on the boot screen again.

I've been having a lot of annoying small bugs with Lollipop, but this one I consider a deal breaker since it means I can't trust my alarm to go off anymore either.
    Mine is little bit different. While it is charging, the led light is red. I take the cable out and if that led light stays red, I know I have a problem, unable to power it up, power it down, etc... Battery pull the only solution.

05-05-2015 03:28 PM
    Solved with workaround!!!

I faced this "sleep of death" too after updating to Lollipop. I had to pull out the battery almost every time after charging. Very annoying! I noticed though that my phone never froze in my car while charging. Thinking about the difference I realised that I keep my phone awake in the car while charging using Macrodroid (which I love anyway to automise all kinds of things). I made a simple macro which keeps my phone awake while charging and another one that returns the phone to normal while on battery.
    While charging: Trigger: Power Connected; Actions: Keep Device Awake enabled & Screen Off, Constraints: None
    On Battery: Trigger: Power Disconnected; Actions: Keep Device Awake disabled & Screen Off, Constraints: None

Off course there are alternatives available to Macrodroid that should be able to do the same.

My problems are solved, with and without fast charging. I hope this will help some of you as well.
    08-15-2015 02:12 AM
    My problem went away. Not sure what fixed it... Really strange.

09-02-2015 09:06 AM
    I have been having this problem - will try this (macrodroid keep awake), and report back.

Thx!
    Dan
    12-13-2015 11:13 PM