06-15-2015 03:26 AM
112 12345
tools
    Just read the forums. Lots of bugs, battery drains...
    04-27-2015 08:51 PM
    Just read the forums. Lots of bugs, battery drains...
    Since this morning I've found no bugs and no battery drain. To each their own, but I was thrilled to finally get the update and it delivered. Sorry if you had a bad experience with it though.

Posted via the Android Central App
    brad419 and UniQue WerkX like this.
    04-27-2015 09:02 PM
    Anyone using textra with the lollipop update? How do I get it to stop giving me both the textra and the white notification everyone I get a text?

04-27-2015 09:04 PM
    I don't have it on my note. Because it destroyed my s5. It was one of those... "wow this is kinda neat" updates and then it slowly had me wanting to drive over my phone with a dump truck. I hope it doesn't do the same to you.
    PainFX and goggy59 like this.
    04-27-2015 09:06 PM
    I'm gonna wait to see how many bugs it has. Already hearing alot of games that people have been playing for a long time don't work. Texting problems, WiFi calling problems. I'm wondering if I have to unroot my phone to update
    Using kies on my laptop.
    04-27-2015 09:07 PM
    Go into Settings on Textra, Notification settings, and set the floating notification for the lock screen to off.

04-27-2015 11:49 PM
    I said earlier in this thread that I was going to wait a week to update my Note 4 until I heard how things were going for others. I couldn't resist and upgraded the phone about 7 hrs ago. I did an upgrade and did not do any resets or clearing caches of any kind. I did remove my root and I have found on XDA that I can reroot the phone again very easily. I'll do that later this week. I still had to use Kies to upgrade my phone as the update on the phone kept saying that the software was modified so I couldn't update it using the phone.

I am extremely happy that I didn't wait! After 7 hrs of standby, I have one hour of OST and my battery is at 81%. Its right at or better than I was getting on KitKat.

I like the way notifications now show on the lock screen and I like this better than I did with the notifications on the lock screen on my old Nexus 4. Maybe it's the bigger screen making the experience better.

The only app I am holding off upgrading is S Health. My boss at my job said he doesn't like it on his Note Edge so I'm waiting on that.

When Lollipop releases for my Note Edge, I will upgrade it the same exact way as I did this.

Remember, we mostly hear from people on forums when they are having problems and not when things are going great. Your experience may very well be like mine.
    04-28-2015 08:39 AM
    I said earlier in this thread that I was going to wait a week to update my Note 4 until I heard how things were going for others. I couldn't resist and upgraded the phone about 7 hrs ago. I did an upgrade and did not do any resets or clearing caches of any kind. I did remove my root and I have found on XDA that I can reroot the phone again very easily. I'll do that later this week. I still had to use Kies to upgrade my phone as the update on the phone kept saying that the software was modified so I couldn't update it using the phone.

I am extremely happy that I didn't wait! After 7 hrs of standby, I have one hour of OST and my battery is at 81%. Its right at or better than I was getting on KitKat.

I like the way notifications now show on the lock screen and I like this better than I did with the notifications on the lock screen on my old Nexus 4. Maybe it's the bigger screen making the experience better.

The only app I am holding off upgrading is S Health. My boss at my job said he doesn't like it on his Note Edge so I'm waiting on that.

When Lollipop releases for my Note Edge, I will upgrade it the same exact way as I did this.

Remember, we mostly hear from people on forums when they are having problems and not when things are going great. Your experience may very well be like mine.
    I hope you experience stays pleasant. I liked lollipop on my phone for like 2 weeks. But slowly bugs started appearing and no amount of hard resets would fix them.
    04-28-2015 08:44 AM
    Go into Settings on Textra, Notification settings, and set the floating notification for the lock screen to off.

Thanks

04-28-2015 09:09 AM

Because of your post, I will update mine today. Glad it has worked out for you!
    04-28-2015 09:53 AM
    Updated last night. Battery drained very fast at first. Took the advice mentioned here to factory reset after the lollipop install. It's been running great since then... until just now when I was browsing reddit and the phone reset itself.
    04-28-2015 12:57 PM
    Waiting. It updated yesterday. Found 401 apps; I thought I had around 200. So far no problems and I like the new dialer. Mine is 32GB with 128GB on the side.
    04-28-2015 01:29 PM
    No you don't. If the phone seems to need help with speed or something else it is a good place to start.
    04-28-2015 01:31 PM
    Before I update mine, and if I need to do a factory reset, would I have to reconfigure everything like my stock emails, phone setting: call, message, display, etc? I have Nova Prime, I guess I can back that up. I just hate to spend another hour if unnecessary.
    04-28-2015 01:43 PM
    No you don't. If the phone seems to need help with speed or something else it is a good place to start.
    It helps to use the quote button when replying to someone so that people know what you are talking about and it makes sense that way.
    04-28-2015 01:45 PM
    Before I update mine, and if I need to do a factory reset, would I have to reconfigure everything like my stock emails, phone setting: call, message, display, etc? I have Nova Prime, I guess I can back that up. I just hate to spend another hour if unnecessary.
    Yes, you will have to reconfigure everything. Reset resets everything.
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    04-28-2015 01:46 PM
    I got the update last night via Kies. I've got a RAC version of the N910T on Cricket. Now I've got all the T-Mobile bloatware...

04-28-2015 01:53 PM
    I got the update last night via Kies. I've got a RAC version of the N910T on Cricket. Now I've got all the T-Mobile bloatware...

It's a T-Mobile version of the phone.

My Note 4 is unlocked by T-Mobile but nothing will ever remove the T-Mobile branding when the phone boots up even when used on another carrier.
    04-28-2015 02:07 PM
    Got my update yesterday morning. Did a factory reset and things are really going well so far. Doesn't seem like any lag, everything works fine, camera seems to be faster. No problems yet. Time will tell on the battery!
    04-28-2015 11:05 PM
    What about in the uk

04-29-2015 09:52 AM
    This phone is amazing with lollipop! It's so much faster and battery life seems about the same.
    I did my update last night. I had to update a few apps and restart several times but no wipe was required.

UniQue WerkX and monsieurms like this.
    04-29-2015 12:35 PM
    Downloading right now!!! :-)
    04-29-2015 03:08 PM
    I've tried to update 7 times. The update has failed each time. I have a T-Mobile GN4
    04-29-2015 05:01 PM
    Got the update day before yesterday, shortly after swapping my Verizon Note 4 for a new TMobile Note 4.

No problems of any kind, great battery life and TMobile gave me a router designed for VOIP since I live out in the sticks a little bit.
    UniQue WerkX likes this.
    04-29-2015 06:55 PM
    NexusGirlX already replied that you do, but also remember that factory resetting wipes out your entire device. This means all files, pictures, documents... EVERYTHING on the internal memory is gone. So back things up first before doing that or you'll lose all information and documents! (Unless you're already backing things up automatically to a cloud service... and if you're not, you should, at least with camera pictures. Trust me on this one. And since uploading to your Google account with a still-very-acceptable quality, around the equivalent of a 3MP picture, is totally and completely free, there's really no reason not to. And if you want the full-size back up, you can still do it but that will count against your Drive quota).
    NexusGirlX and Sammuel1973 like this.
    04-29-2015 11:15 PM
112 12345