06-15-2015 02:26 AM
112 ... 2345
tools
    NexusGirlX already replied that you do, but also remember that factory resetting wipes out your entire device. This means all files, pictures, documents... EVERYTHING on the internal memory is gone. So back things up first before doing that or you'll lose all information and documents! (Unless you're already backing things up automatically to a cloud service... and if you're not, you should, at least with camera pictures. Trust me on this one. And since uploading to your Google account with a still-very-acceptable quality, around the equivalent of a 3MP picture, is totally and completely free, there's really no reason not to. And if you want the full-size back up, you can still do it but that will count against your Drive quota).
    Yes, see that is the way to explain to people what factory resetting does. People on this site have been recommending that people do this without any explanation on what it will actually do. I have a problem with those people doing that. I have read several times this week where people do the reset and were surprised to find their pictures are gone.
    SpookDroid and monsieurms like this.
    04-30-2015 02:37 AM
    I've tried to update 7 times. The update has failed each time. I have a T-Mobile GN4
    Have you tried updating with Samsung Kies? Install the program on your computer and then start it. Connect your phone to the computer and it will prompt you that there is an update available. It took me less than five minutes to download the update and then it installed without and problems.
    04-30-2015 02:39 AM
    People here need to take responsibility to ask the questions they don't know.

No one should perform an action on their phone they don't understand. If they don't not what a factory reset means, they need to ask.
    geekaren and UniQue WerkX like this.
    04-30-2015 03:37 AM
    I spoke too soon regarding GPS. It worked perfectly the first time I used it and I let out a huge sigh of relief. It hasn't worked since . What is everyone else experiencing?
    05-01-2015 10:15 AM
    I spoke too soon regarding GPS. It worked perfectly the first time I used it and I let out a huge sigh of relief. It hasn't worked since . What is everyone else experiencing?
    What exactly are you doing with GPS to know it's not working? Specific apps or tasks that is...
    05-01-2015 12:17 PM
    Yup, I'd like to know too because mine hasn't had issues either before or after the update... Maybe you got a bad unit?
    05-04-2015 11:11 AM
    Yup, I'd like to know too because mine hasn't had issues either before or after the update... Maybe you got a bad unit?
    I got my device exchanged 3 times during the first 14 days, I've done one warranty exchange, I've done factory resets on all of them, I've cleared the cache, I've changed SIM cards, and I've gotten the firmware reflashed at the Samsung kiosk at Best Buy. Nothing has helped .
    05-04-2015 12:04 PM
    What exactly are you doing with GPS to know it's not working? Specific apps or tasks that is...
    It works fine when getting an initial lock. But once I'm in motion the GPS lock drops and either doesn't come back at all or is very spotty. If I'm at a stop light, it'll come back but will drop once I'm in motion again. It happens when using any GPS mapping app.
    05-04-2015 12:06 PM
    Wow, that sucks :S pretty much renders navigation useless...

I've used mine driving and walking and so far no issues :S
    05-04-2015 12:13 PM
    Wow, that sucks :S pretty much renders navigation useless...

I've used mine driving and walking and so far no issues :S
    Yeah . Oh one thing I forgot to mention, I posted about my issues on Reddit and a user told me to try navigating without the SD card in. He said that older SD cards can cause problems within the phone, including GPS. I was skeptical, but I tried what he said and it worked! I went to Best Buy and picked up a Samsung Evo 64gb card. I put it in there in the parking lot and navigated home. It worked that time, but then my problems came back. I haven't tried it without an SD card again just because it's a pain to take my case off, remove my battery, remove my SD card, put everything back together, and boot up the phone.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    05-04-2015 02:12 PM
    Wouldn't put it past this phone to have borked that SD card as well. I've been using Samsung devices for a while and ALL of them have fried or corrupted an SD card at one point or another, except the Note 4 (and not because it won't, but because I've learned my lesson and stopped using SD Cards with it :P). Note 2, fried 2. Friend's S3 fried one, S4 fried one, Note 3 fried 2.
    05-04-2015 02:23 PM
    I stopped using SD cards awhile back. They always seem to cause problems or don't work very well for me.
    geekaren likes this.
    05-04-2015 02:29 PM
    It works fine when getting an initial lock. But once I'm in motion the GPS lock drops and either doesn't come back at all or is very spotty. If I'm at a stop light, it'll come back but will drop once I'm in motion again. It happens when using any GPS mapping app.
    Huh..... when I use Google maps it follows me every where I go. Sometimes I think Google is stalking me. LOL Just kidding. But I don't seem to have that issue with this Note 4.
    05-06-2015 10:22 AM
    Huh..... when I use Google maps it follows me every where I go. Sometimes I think Google is stalking me. LOL Just kidding. But I don't seem to have that issue with this Note 4.
    There is a place within Google maps that will show you every location you've ever been with your phone. That feature has helped police solve crimes when people said that they weren't at some location but somehow their phone made it there.
    UniQue WerkX likes this.
    05-06-2015 10:28 AM
    For those on T-Mobile, 4.4 Kitkat, you can disable the auto update under Application Manager, it's an orange device icon with the same "software update". Turn it off.
    05-06-2015 04:08 PM
    For those on T-Mobile, 4.4 Kitkat, you can disable the auto update under Application Manager, it's an orange device icon with the same "software update". Turn it off.
    I accidentally downloaded the Lollipop update, but I have not installed it yet. And the options to cut off the software update and not show the notification are not accessible (they are there but you cannot change them).

Is there a way to delete the Lollipop update that I have downloaded but have yet to install?
    05-06-2015 08:25 PM
    I accidentally downloaded the Lollipop update, but I have not installed it yet. And the options to cut off the software update and not show the notification are not accessible (they are there but you cannot change them).

Is there a way to delete the Lollipop update that I have downloaded but have yet to install?
    You can disable it. I disabled mines as I described.
    05-07-2015 02:47 PM
    There is a place within Google maps that will show you every location you've ever been with your phone. That feature has helped police solve crimes when people said that they weren't at some location but somehow their phone made it there.
    Officer, my dog always borrows my phone. He likes to visit the gas station you say got robbed!
    anon8380037 likes this.
    05-16-2015 07:06 AM
    You can disable it. I disabled mines as I described.
    Tried it, didn't work. Same problem I mentioned.
    05-16-2015 12:17 PM
    Tried it, didn't work. Same problem I mentioned.
    I think it's because you already downloaded the file. But once you disable software update prior, will not not automatically "download" the updates.
    05-16-2015 12:50 PM
    I think it's because you already downloaded the file. But once you disable software update prior, will not not automatically "download" the updates.
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I went to check and see if the update was available, and it downloaded it automatically. I couldn't stop it.....
    05-16-2015 02:18 PM
    Yeah, that's what u was thinking. I went to check and see if the update was available, and it downloaded it automatically. I couldn't stop it.....
    I suggest trying master factory reset, disable software update and see what happens. It's worth a try.
    05-16-2015 02:46 PM
    Upgraded. Everything went great.

Now, however, I do understand what people mean by notification issues. It does seem like turning off some lock screen notifications or blocking them with app-specific instructions, also affects the tool bar.
    05-16-2015 07:09 PM
    Just got my Note 4 today. Out of the box it was on Kitkat. Got home and downloaded lollipop.....once it installed, I did a hard reset. Loaded all my apps back up there. Phone has been working flawless. Seems fast and very smooth. Loving it.

I had the Note 4 previously, but got rid of it to get a 6 Plus....finally after about 3 months I came back to my senses today lol.
    UniQue WerkX likes this.
    05-16-2015 10:05 PM
    Just got my Note 4 today. Out of the box it was on Kitkat. Got home and downloaded lollipop.....once it installed, I did a hard reset. Loaded all my apps back up there. Phone has been working flawless. Seems fast and very smooth. Loving it.

I had the Note 4 previously, but got rid of it to get a 6 Plus....finally after about 3 months I came back to my senses today lol.
    I got note edge a week back (from note 3). I exactly followed the same steps you mentioned to set it up. Am in love with this and not sure I can go back to something edge less.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-16-2015 11:16 PM
112 ... 2345