Tmobile lollipop update is live!!!!!!

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
So I updated this morning. Just did a factory reset. Now I can't remember how to get Flip board to go away when I swipe to the left. Can't for the life of me remember where the setting is to turn it off.

HELP!!!!

Posted via the Android Central App

gonzoks

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
You have only a couple of options on that - you can't just 'get rid' of it unfortunately unless you are rooted (and then you can use Titanium backup to remove it).

What I did was:
a) go to Settings -> Application Manager -> All -> Flipboard and then diasable it.
b) Install Nova Prime and get rid of the screen to the left.
c) Consume a beer in celebration.

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
You have only a couple of options on that - you can't just 'get rid' of it unfortunately unless you are rooted (and then you can use Titanium backup to remove it).

What I did was:
a) go to Settings -> Application Manager -> All -> Flipboard and then diasable it.
b) Install Nova Prime and get rid of the screen to the left.
c) Consume a beer in celebration.

Thanks. I got if figured out

mgm83

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Updated this morning around 6am.. no factory reset. I've been using the phone all day and no issues. Not sure why there are so many negative reviews..

scoty024

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Just read the forums. Lots of bugs, battery drains...

Since this morning I've found no bugs and no battery drain. To each their own, but I was thrilled to finally get the update and it delivered. Sorry if you had a bad experience with it though.

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Anyone using textra with the lollipop update? How do I get it to stop giving me both the textra and the white notification everyone I get a text?

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't have it on my note. Because it destroyed my s5. It was one of those... "wow this is kinda neat" updates and then it slowly had me wanting to drive over my phone with a dump truck. I hope it doesn't do the same to you.

Jerry Minor

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
I'm gonna wait to see how many bugs it has. Already hearing alot of games that people have been playing for a long time don't work. Texting problems, WiFi calling problems. I'm wondering if I have to unroot my phone to update
Using kies on my laptop.

Last edited:

jamesosully

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Go into Settings on Textra, Notification settings, and set the floating notification for the lock screen to off.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I said earlier in this thread that I was going to wait a week to update my Note 4 until I heard how things were going for others. I couldn't resist and upgraded the phone about 7 hrs ago. I did an upgrade and did not do any resets or clearing caches of any kind. I did remove my root and I have found on XDA that I can reroot the phone again very easily. I'll do that later this week. I still had to use Kies to upgrade my phone as the update on the phone kept saying that the software was modified so I couldn't update it using the phone.

I am extremely happy that I didn't wait! After 7 hrs of standby, I have one hour of OST and my battery is at 81%. Its right at or better than I was getting on KitKat.

I like the way notifications now show on the lock screen and I like this better than I did with the notifications on the lock screen on my old Nexus 4. Maybe it's the bigger screen making the experience better.

The only app I am holding off upgrading is S Health. My boss at my job said he doesn't like it on his Note Edge so I'm waiting on that.

When Lollipop releases for my Note Edge, I will upgrade it the same exact way as I did this.

Remember, we mostly hear from people on forums when they are having problems and not when things are going great. Your experience may very well be like mine.

Mom2Ninjas

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I said earlier in this thread that I was going to wait a week to update my Note 4 until I heard how things were going for others. I couldn't resist and upgraded the phone about 7 hrs ago. I did an upgrade and did not do any resets or clearing caches of any kind. I did remove my root and I have found on XDA that I can reroot the phone again very easily. I'll do that later this week. I still had to use Kies to upgrade my phone as the update on the phone kept saying that the software was modified so I couldn't update it using the phone.

I am extremely happy that I didn't wait! After 7 hrs of standby, I have one hour of OST and my battery is at 81%. Its right at or better than I was getting on KitKat.

I like the way notifications now show on the lock screen and I like this better than I did with the notifications on the lock screen on my old Nexus 4. Maybe it's the bigger screen making the experience better.

The only app I am holding off upgrading is S Health. My boss at my job said he doesn't like it on his Note Edge so I'm waiting on that.

When Lollipop releases for my Note Edge, I will upgrade it the same exact way as I did this.

Remember, we mostly hear from people on forums when they are having problems and not when things are going great. Your experience may very well be like mine.
I hope you experience stays pleasant. I liked lollipop on my phone for like 2 weeks. But slowly bugs started appearing and no amount of hard resets would fix them.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site

Because of your post, I will update mine today. Glad it has worked out for you!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital