Tmobile lollipop update is live!!!!!!

anon(54220)

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Updated last night. Battery drained very fast at first. Took the advice mentioned here to factory reset after the lollipop install. It's been running great since then... until just now when I was browsing reddit and the phone reset itself.

PlanetPluto7

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Waiting. It updated yesterday. Found 401 apps; I thought I had around 200. So far no problems and I like the new dialer. Mine is 32GB with 128GB on the side.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Before I update mine, and if I need to do a factory reset, would I have to reconfigure everything like my stock emails, phone setting: call, message, display, etc? I have Nova Prime, I guess I can back that up. I just hate to spend another hour if unnecessary.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Before I update mine, and if I need to do a factory reset, would I have to reconfigure everything like my stock emails, phone setting: call, message, display, etc? I have Nova Prime, I guess I can back that up. I just hate to spend another hour if unnecessary.
Yes, you will have to reconfigure everything. Reset resets everything.

villegasjw

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
I got the update last night via Kies. I've got a RAC version of the N910T on Cricket. Now I've got all the T-Mobile bloatware...

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I got the update last night via Kies. I've got a RAC version of the N910T on Cricket. Now I've got all the T-Mobile bloatware...

It's a T-Mobile version of the phone.

My Note 4 is unlocked by T-Mobile but nothing will ever remove the T-Mobile branding when the phone boots up even when used on another carrier.

brad419

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Got my update yesterday morning. Did a factory reset and things are really going well so far. Doesn't seem like any lag, everything works fine, camera seems to be faster. No problems yet. Time will tell on the battery!

scholaryoshi

May 20, 2011
Visit site
This phone is amazing with lollipop! It's so much faster and battery life seems about the same.
I did my update last night. I had to update a few apps and restart several times but no wipe was required.

Kage87Z

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
Got the update day before yesterday, shortly after swapping my Verizon Note 4 for a new TMobile Note 4.

No problems of any kind, great battery life and TMobile gave me a router designed for VOIP since I live out in the sticks a little bit.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

NexusGirlX already replied that you do, but also remember that factory resetting wipes out your entire device. This means all files, pictures, documents... EVERYTHING on the internal memory is gone. So back things up first before doing that or you'll lose all information and documents! (Unless you're already backing things up automatically to a cloud service... and if you're not, you should, at least with camera pictures. Trust me on this one. And since uploading to your Google account with a still-very-acceptable quality, around the equivalent of a 3MP picture, is totally and completely free, there's really no reason not to. And if you want the full-size back up, you can still do it but that will count against your Drive quota).

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
NexusGirlX already replied that you do, but also remember that factory resetting wipes out your entire device. This means all files, pictures, documents... EVERYTHING on the internal memory is gone. So back things up first before doing that or you'll lose all information and documents! (Unless you're already backing things up automatically to a cloud service... and if you're not, you should, at least with camera pictures. Trust me on this one. And since uploading to your Google account with a still-very-acceptable quality, around the equivalent of a 3MP picture, is totally and completely free, there's really no reason not to. And if you want the full-size back up, you can still do it but that will count against your Drive quota).
Yes, see that is the way to explain to people what factory resetting does. People on this site have been recommending that people do this without any explanation on what it will actually do. I have a problem with those people doing that. I have read several times this week where people do the reset and were surprised to find their pictures are gone.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I've tried to update 7 times. The update has failed each time. I have a T-Mobile GN4

Have you tried updating with Samsung Kies? Install the program on your computer and then start it. Connect your phone to the computer and it will prompt you that there is an update available. It took me less than five minutes to download the update and then it installed without and problems.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
People here need to take responsibility to ask the questions they don't know.

No one should perform an action on their phone they don't understand. If they don't not what a factory reset means, they need to ask.

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I spoke too soon regarding GPS. It worked perfectly the first time I used it and I let out a huge sigh of relief. It hasn't worked since :(. What is everyone else experiencing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki