Tmobile lollipop update is live!!!!!!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I spoke too soon regarding GPS. It worked perfectly the first time I used it and I let out a huge sigh of relief. It hasn't worked since :(. What is everyone else experiencing?

Yup, I'd like to know too because mine hasn't had issues either before or after the update... Maybe you got a bad unit?

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Yup, I'd like to know too because mine hasn't had issues either before or after the update... Maybe you got a bad unit?

I got my device exchanged 3 times during the first 14 days, I've done one warranty exchange, I've done factory resets on all of them, I've cleared the cache, I've changed SIM cards, and I've gotten the firmware reflashed at the Samsung kiosk at Best Buy. Nothing has helped :(.

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
What exactly are you doing with GPS to know it's not working? Specific apps or tasks that is...

It works fine when getting an initial lock. But once I'm in motion the GPS lock drops and either doesn't come back at all or is very spotty. If I'm at a stop light, it'll come back but will drop once I'm in motion again. It happens when using any GPS mapping app.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Wow, that sucks :S pretty much renders navigation useless...

I've used mine driving and walking and so far no issues :S

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Wow, that sucks :S pretty much renders navigation useless...

I've used mine driving and walking and so far no issues :S

Yeah :(. Oh one thing I forgot to mention, I posted about my issues on Reddit and a user told me to try navigating without the SD card in. He said that older SD cards can cause problems within the phone, including GPS. I was skeptical, but I tried what he said and it worked! I went to Best Buy and picked up a Samsung Evo 64gb card. I put it in there in the parking lot and navigated home. It worked that time, but then my problems came back. I haven't tried it without an SD card again just because it's a pain to take my case off, remove my battery, remove my SD card, put everything back together, and boot up the phone.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Wouldn't put it past this phone to have borked that SD card as well. I've been using Samsung devices for a while and ALL of them have fried or corrupted an SD card at one point or another, except the Note 4 (and not because it won't, but because I've learned my lesson and stopped using SD Cards with it :p). Note 2, fried 2. Friend's S3 fried one, S4 fried one, Note 3 fried 2.

UniQue WerkX

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
It works fine when getting an initial lock. But once I'm in motion the GPS lock drops and either doesn't come back at all or is very spotty. If I'm at a stop light, it'll come back but will drop once I'm in motion again. It happens when using any GPS mapping app.
Huh..... when I use Google maps it follows me every where I go. Sometimes I think Google is stalking me. LOL Just kidding. But I don't seem to have that issue with this Note 4.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Huh..... when I use Google maps it follows me every where I go. Sometimes I think Google is stalking me. LOL Just kidding. But I don't seem to have that issue with this Note 4.

There is a place within Google maps that will show you every location you've ever been with your phone. That feature has helped police solve crimes when people said that they weren't at some location but somehow their phone made it there.

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
For those on T-Mobile, 4.4 Kitkat, you can disable the auto update under Application Manager, it's an orange device icon with the same "software update". Turn it off.

jeremmar

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
For those on T-Mobile, 4.4 Kitkat, you can disable the auto update under Application Manager, it's an orange device icon with the same "software update". Turn it off.

I accidentally downloaded the Lollipop update, but I have not installed it yet. And the options to cut off the software update and not show the notification are not accessible (they are there but you cannot change them).

Is there a way to delete the Lollipop update that I have downloaded but have yet to install?

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I accidentally downloaded the Lollipop update, but I have not installed it yet. And the options to cut off the software update and not show the notification are not accessible (they are there but you cannot change them).

Is there a way to delete the Lollipop update that I have downloaded but have yet to install?

You can disable it. I disabled mines as I described.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
There is a place within Google maps that will show you every location you've ever been with your phone. That feature has helped police solve crimes when people said that they weren't at some location but somehow their phone made it there.

Officer, my dog always borrows my phone. He likes to visit the gas station you say got robbed!:p

jeremmar

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I think it's because you already downloaded the file. But once you disable software update prior, will not not automatically "download" the updates.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I went to check and see if the update was available, and it downloaded it automatically. I couldn't stop it.....

Last edited:

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, that's what u was thinking. I went to check and see if the update was available, and it downloaded it automatically. I couldn't stop it.....

I suggest trying master factory reset, disable software update and see what happens. It's worth a try.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Upgraded. Everything went great.

Now, however, I do understand what people mean by notification issues. It does seem like turning off some lock screen notifications or blocking them with app-specific instructions, also affects the tool bar.

llfloyd79

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Just got my Note 4 today. Out of the box it was on Kitkat. Got home and downloaded lollipop.....once it installed, I did a hard reset. Loaded all my apps back up there. Phone has been working flawless. Seems fast and very smooth. Loving it.

I had the Note 4 previously, but got rid of it to get a 6 Plus....finally after about 3 months I came back to my senses today lol.

anon(2383976)

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Just got my Note 4 today. Out of the box it was on Kitkat. Got home and downloaded lollipop.....once it installed, I did a hard reset. Loaded all my apps back up there. Phone has been working flawless. Seems fast and very smooth. Loving it.

I had the Note 4 previously, but got rid of it to get a 6 Plus....finally after about 3 months I came back to my senses today lol.

I got note edge a week back (from note 3). I exactly followed the same steps you mentioned to set it up. Am in love with this and not sure I can go back to something edge less.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech