Tmobile lollipop update is live!!!!!!

llfloyd79

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I got note edge a week back (from note 3). I exactly followed the same steps you mentioned to set it up. Am in love with this and not sure I can go back to something edge less.

Posted via the Android Central App

Oh ok. Glad to hear that. Yeah I do that after every big update....android or iPhone. I install the update then I do a hard reset. Never has failed me. Been doing it that way for years. Never have issues with none of my phones. Yeah you shouldn't have to do a hard reset after an update but it is what it is lol.

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy Note 4

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I am loving the update on my Note 4. I just had the best ever battery life on my phone. Two full days standby with two hours screen time. Of course I could have easily doubled that screen time and used the phone to where I had to charge it in one day. I do have more than one phone and my Note Edge is my take everywhere phone.

I never did a reset to factory or cache reset, just an upgrade on the Note 4.

Screenshot_2015-05-17-15-09-07.jpgScreenshot_2015-05-17-15-09-15.jpg

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I am loving the update on my Note 4. I just had the best ever battery life on my phone. Two full days standby with two hours screen time. Of course I could have easily doubled that screen time and used the phone to where I had to charge it in one day. I do have more than one phone and my Note Edge is my take everywhere phone.

View attachment 176950View attachment 176951

How did you get 2 days on battery stats to show up? I miss that from kit kat.

Racinghart91

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site

View attachment 176950View attachment 176951

your phone is draining even at night, can be better !

DarthCorvax

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried updating with Samsung Kies? Install the program on your computer and then start it. Connect your phone to the computer and it will prompt you that there is an update available. It took me less than five minutes to download the update and then it installed without and problems.

I tried that. It didn't work. My PC just sat there and nothing happened.

Could the phone being encrypted have something to do with this?

usafa76

May 29, 2015
Visit site
If you've not already tried, see if it works outside your vehicle. Occasionally I've found glass that has some kind of coating (probably for UV protection) that also interferes with GPS signals.

UniQue WerkX

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Sucks the next version of Android, "M", will be out in a couple months and some haven't even gotten "L". Would be great to see Google change that process to be similar to how iOS is handled.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Sucks the next version of Android, "M", will be out in a couple months and some haven't even gotten "L". Would be great to see Google change that process to be similar to how iOS is handled.

In principle, I agree. The option should at least be promptly available. But I suspect the impediment is less Google than the carriers trying to make sure--and rightly so!--that a release does not generate complaints with every other person who uses their phones.

For myself, I've always been a bit cautious about OS updates. I'd like to see how it works out. Let someone else find the bugs. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae