Unable to access Settings> Sound and notification

Michael Riegel

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Since downloading the newest version of lollipop 5.0, I am now unable to access Sounds and notifications within the settings app. When I click on Settings> Sound and notification I receive and error message "unfortunately, settings has stopped working" and it immediately closes. I am therefore unable to change what is displayed on the lock screen. Anyone have this issue or any tips?

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Since downloading the newest version of lollipop 5.0, I am now unable to access Sounds and notifications within the settings app. When I click on Settings> Sound and notification I receive and error message "unfortunately, settings has stopped working" and it immediately closes. I am therefore unable to change what is displayed on the lock screen. Anyone have this issue or any tips?

factory reset after the update solved for me....

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Think I would be taking a trip to the AT&T store and see if they can help. Clear the Cache the Factory Reset as a last resort. Finally send it in for warranty repair.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Factory reset would be the FIRST thing I did. I never, ever do an update without a reset before the update and one after the update and wiping the cache also.

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Factory reset would be the FIRST thing I did. I never, ever do an update without a reset before the update and one after the update and wiping the cache also.

I have tons of stuff on my Note 4 and would not like spending days restoring and tweaking it back the way I want it. If the store happens to know how to fix it let them, if not oh well. I went to LP without a factory reset only a cache clearing and everything works fine and it is exactly how I want it.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Unable to access Settings> Sound and notification

I have tons of stuff on my Note 4 and would not like spending days restoring and tweaking it back the way I want it. If the store happens to know how to fix it let them, if not oh well. I went to LP without a factory reset only a cache clearing and everything works fine and it is exactly how I want it.

No one wants to spend time restoring things, but Google restored everything for me easily.

The first thing the store will tell you and they will do, is a factory reset.

You do realize that people at the stores generally know less about our phones than we do, right?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc