Since downloading the newest version of lollipop 5.0, I am now unable to access Sounds and notifications within the settings app. When I click on Settings> Sound and notification I receive and error message "unfortunately, settings has stopped working" and it immediately closes. I am therefore unable to change what is displayed on the lock screen. Anyone have this issue or any tips?
    04-27-2015 12:22 PM
    Since downloading the newest version of lollipop 5.0, I am now unable to access Sounds and notifications within the settings app. When I click on Settings> Sound and notification I receive and error message "unfortunately, settings has stopped working" and it immediately closes. I am therefore unable to change what is displayed on the lock screen. Anyone have this issue or any tips?
    factory reset after the update solved for me....
    04-27-2015 03:25 PM
    Think I would be taking a trip to the AT&T store and see if they can help. Clear the Cache the Factory Reset as a last resort. Finally send it in for warranty repair.
    04-27-2015 03:26 PM
    Factory reset would be the FIRST thing I did. I never, ever do an update without a reset before the update and one after the update and wiping the cache also.
    04-27-2015 08:18 PM
    Factory reset would be the FIRST thing I did. I never, ever do an update without a reset before the update and one after the update and wiping the cache also.
    +1

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-27-2015 10:41 PM
    I have tons of stuff on my Note 4 and would not like spending days restoring and tweaking it back the way I want it. If the store happens to know how to fix it let them, if not oh well. I went to LP without a factory reset only a cache clearing and everything works fine and it is exactly how I want it.
    04-27-2015 11:06 PM
    I have tons of stuff on my Note 4 and would not like spending days restoring and tweaking it back the way I want it. If the store happens to know how to fix it let them, if not oh well. I went to LP without a factory reset only a cache clearing and everything works fine and it is exactly how I want it.
    No one wants to spend time restoring things, but Google restored everything for me easily.

The first thing the store will tell you and they will do, is a factory reset.

You do realize that people at the stores generally know less about our phones than we do, right?
    juliesdroidsync likes this.
    04-28-2015 01:04 AM
    04-28-2015 04:21 AM