Since downloading the newest version of lollipop 5.0, I am now unable to access Sounds and notifications within the settings app. When I click on Settings> Sound and notification I receive and error message "unfortunately, settings has stopped working" and it immediately closes. I am therefore unable to change what is displayed on the lock screen. Anyone have this issue or any tips?
    04-27-2015 12:22 PM
    Since downloading the newest version of lollipop 5.0, I am now unable to access Sounds and notifications within the settings app. When I click on Settings> Sound and notification I receive and error message "unfortunately, settings has stopped working" and it immediately closes. I am therefore unable to change what is displayed on the lock screen. Anyone have this issue or any tips?
    factory reset after the update solved for me....
    04-27-2015 03:25 PM
    Think I would be taking a trip to the AT&T store and see if they can help. Clear the Cache the Factory Reset as a last resort. Finally send it in for warranty repair.
    04-27-2015 03:26 PM
    Factory reset would be the FIRST thing I did. I never, ever do an update without a reset before the update and one after the update and wiping the cache also.
    04-27-2015 08:18 PM
    Factory reset would be the FIRST thing I did. I never, ever do an update without a reset before the update and one after the update and wiping the cache also.
    +1

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-27-2015 10:41 PM
    I have tons of stuff on my Note 4 and would not like spending days restoring and tweaking it back the way I want it. If the store happens to know how to fix it let them, if not oh well. I went to LP without a factory reset only a cache clearing and everything works fine and it is exactly how I want it.
    04-27-2015 11:06 PM
    I have tons of stuff on my Note 4 and would not like spending days restoring and tweaking it back the way I want it. If the store happens to know how to fix it let them, if not oh well. I went to LP without a factory reset only a cache clearing and everything works fine and it is exactly how I want it.
    No one wants to spend time restoring things, but Google restored everything for me easily.

The first thing the store will tell you and they will do, is a factory reset.

You do realize that people at the stores generally know less about our phones than we do, right?
    juliesdroidsync likes this.
    04-28-2015 01:04 AM
    Before doing a factory reset try this, nuke the cache and data on the Media Storage app then restart the phone, wait an hour then see if you can get back into the sound settings.
    04-28-2015 04:21 AM