Lollipop update fails to install

pger555

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
I have a t-mobile note 4 completely stock, never rooted. I have tried 4 times now to install the lollipop update but I get an error as soon as it tries to install. It then reboots and acts as if nothing happened. Right back to 4.4.4

So I investigated a little and went to wipe the system cache. When I get to the recovery screen the little android dude is laying dead and it says error. Dm-verify verification failed.

I assume this is why it won't let me update... But why does this even come up? I bought the phone new and don't even know how to root so I am lost here...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's definitely one way to look at it, judging by the number of complaints we see about Lollipop on the Note 4.:-\

The phone definitely shouldn't be doing that, so I would discuss it with T-Mobile and see if they can give you a replacement unit. If the can't or won't, then contact Samsung for warranty repair/replacement.

Jamie Wooten

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Do you have a corporate email account? I had to disable my exchange account because of the security features.

Posted via the Android Central App

pger555

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
No corporate email. And I am fine with kit kat at this point, it's been so long. My concern is what's going on. And I just read that this error also does not let you do a reset... I guess my next move is to reach out to t-mobile and then Samsung unless someone else has solved the issue.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
They can flash the update for you at Best Buy. I would be concerned though with a new phone that hasn't been rooted, doing this.

Last edited:

pger555

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Right, at the very least I want to find out if this is something they have run into before. If not I am going to do my best to try and get a replacement. The phone is barely 6 months old, hopefully that isn't an issue.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Right, at the very least I want to find out if this is something they have run into before. If not I am going to do my best to try and get a replacement. The phone is barely 6 months old, hopefully that isn't an issue.

Well 6 months it is still under warranty.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08