If I accidentally download the Lollipop update (since I do not know how to stop it from downloading the file), what can I do to delete the update since I haven't installed it yet?
    04-28-2015 02:34 AM
    If I accidentally download the Lollipop update (since I do not know how to stop it from downloading the file), what can I do to delete the update since I haven't installed it yet?
    Nothing you can do. Had you been rooted before, then you could.

Everyone might as well take the update that is not rooted. Unless you are rooted and can freeze the updater for your carrier, the update will be forced on you after a couple of times of it asking you.
    04-28-2015 11:21 AM
    Nothing you can do. Had you been rooted before, then you could.

Everyone might as well take the update that is not rooted. Unless you are rooted and can freeze the updater for your carrier, the update will be forced on you after a couple of times of it asking you.
    I'm not familiar with rooting. But is rooting the phone not ideal?
    04-28-2015 02:07 PM
    I'm not familiar with rooting. But is rooting the phone not ideal?
    Rooting isn't for everyone. You have to know what you are doing and find directions and follow then to the letter.

You can trip Knox, which voids your warranty or you could turn your phone into a basic expensive paperweight.

Only certain carriers running Lollipop on the Note 4 can be rooted. AT&T is not one, it has a locked bootloader that hasn't been cracked. I read about rooting for over a year before I ever did it and I still know very little about it. I just know to follow instructions to the letter on xda. I also know if people on xda say "the Note 4 Verizon can not be rooted yet" it can't be rooted and you will brick your phone trying.

Why do you not want Lollipop?
    04-28-2015 06:21 PM
    Rooting isn't for everyone. You have to know what you are doing and find directions and follow then to the letter.

You can trip Knox, which voids your warranty or you could turn your phone into a basic expensive paperweight.

Only certain carriers running Lollipop on the Note 4 can be rooted. AT&T is not one, it has a locked bootloader that hasn't been cracked. I read about rooting for over a year before I ever did it and I still know very little about it. I just know to follow instructions to the letter on xda. I also know if people on xda say "the Note 4 Verizon can not be rooted yet" it can't be rooted and you will brick your phone trying.

Why do you not want Lollipop?
    I have Tmobile note 4. I dont want lollipop for many reasons.
    04-28-2015 06:28 PM
    I have Tmobile note 4. I dont want lollipop for many reasons.
    Well you have to go to xda and see if you can root it on KitKat and then what file to delete.

The problem is, not knowing about root at all, not sure that is a good idea. They don't suffer questions over there as well as here and there is a lot more technical info at xda.

Me having rooted a phone before, if I was at your point, I would take the update, then go to xda and root my N4 on Lollipop. The T-Mobile one can be rooted on Lollipop. Then you can customize anything you want. You can even get a different ROM to run.
    PainFX likes this.
    04-28-2015 06:37 PM