Headed to Best Buy to pick up a new Note 4 on Thursday giving my S5 to a friend. I was just waiting for the Note to go on sale for $199.99
    My question is should I do the lollipop update? Kinda scared after what it did to my S5.
    04-28-2015 08:53 PM
    The Note 4 is on sale at Best Buy for $199??!! What carrier? All I can find is the Note 3 for $199, and the Note 4 is $299.
    04-28-2015 08:58 PM
    It has been on sale at BB for $199 since Sunday. I picked mine up Sunday afternoon.

It is all carriers and a two year contract.

Just checked, they marked them up again. They went on sale Sunday and I thought it was going to be about 4 days. I just happened to look at bb.com Saturday night and saw the sale price.
    04-28-2015 09:01 PM
    It must have been in their weekly ad? So do you know if the price extends until Saturday? I just checked online, as I have a sick child at home and couldn't go into the store to look. Great deal.
    04-28-2015 09:03 PM
    It must have been in their weekly ad? So do you know if the price extends until Saturday? I just checked online, as I have a sick child at home and couldn't go into the store to look. Great deal.
    I just saw it listed online when I looked Saturday, they had several things on sale and I thought it was for 4 days.

They must be planning on putting them on sale again Thursday from what the OP said.
    04-28-2015 09:07 PM
    They have the S5 and others on sale for $1 again..

http://deals.bestbuy.com/?category=cell+phones
    04-28-2015 09:10 PM
    They have the S5 and others on sale for $1 again..

Best Buy Weekly Ad
    Yes, I did see those in the weekly ad, but I can't find the Note 4 there.
    04-28-2015 09:24 PM
    Guess it went back up. to $299.99 no problem have them price match Amazon $199.99
    Mom2Ninjas likes this.
    04-28-2015 09:33 PM
    Headed to Best Buy to pick up a new Note 4 on Thursday giving my S5 to a friend. I was just waiting for the Note to go on sale for $199.99
    My question is should I do the lollipop update? Kinda scared after what it did to my S5.
    Yes, update right away and factory reset after that. Love mine. Lollipop way better than kit kat.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-28-2015 09:34 PM
    It was $199.99 when I looked on Monday thought it would have been all week. guess not just have them price match Amazon $199.99
    04-28-2015 09:37 PM
    Have the Samsung counter flash the update even before you put your info in, that is what I did.
    Davemanfl likes this.
    04-28-2015 10:02 PM
    First, I didn't know that Best Buy would price match with Amazon---so I learned something here. Secondly, do you usually buy your phones from Best Buy rather than the carrier. What are the pros and cons of buying from Best Buy as opposed to AT&T (my carrier) or some other carrier?
    04-28-2015 11:33 PM
    On my Verizon Note 4 the Lollipop 5.0.1 udate is far superior to 4.4.4. However, it is also different in how things are labeled and located in the Settings menu from KitKat. So you will have to spend a bit of time learning where everything is.
    geekaren likes this.
    04-29-2015 01:31 AM
    First, I didn't know that Best Buy would price match with Amazon---so I learned something here. Secondly, do you usually buy your phones from Best Buy rather than the carrier. What are the pros and cons of buying from Best Buy as opposed to AT&T (my carrier) or some other carrier?
    I've bought from Best Buy, Sam's and the carrier.

BTW, Sam's has the Note 4. Regular price is $197. They only have white for one carrier, I can't remember if it is Sprint or Verizon, at least in my area it is that way. They only had the black for AT&T. So Sam's is an option for any carrier if you want black and one carrier, if you want white.

The only pro buying from Best Buy or Sam's, you get a good price at times and it isn't a refurb. You also deal with your carrier if you have a warranty issue.
    radicchio likes this.
    04-29-2015 02:02 AM
    Thanks for the information. I don't have a Sam's in my area, but there is a Costco, which may carry the Note 4. Price matching at Best Buy sounds good, though, if they will do it here.

PS According to what I could find online, they will price match both Costco (since it is near their store location) and Amazon. Will they check the prices online at the store, or do you have to bring something in showing the cost?
    04-29-2015 01:44 PM
    Thanks for the information. I don't have a Sam's in my area, but there is a Costco, which may carry the Note 4. Price matching at Best Buy sounds good, though, if they will do it here.

PS According to what I could find online, they will price match both Costco (since it is near their store location) and Amazon. Will they check the prices online at the store, or do you have to bring something in showing the cost?
    I don't know how they price match there..
    04-29-2015 02:38 PM

The benefit to buying phones at Best Buy is their return policy (no restocking fee). If you're enrolled in Best Buy's rewards program, you'll most likely also have a longer return period (than buying at the carrier).

In my experience, the Best Buy employee will look online to validate the price match. I've never asked them to price match Amazon, but have asked them to match the carrier price when the BB price is higher.
    radicchio likes this.
    04-29-2015 03:16 PM