So, I updated my phone to lollipop today. I am noticing that the gallery has removed a majority of the pictures there. I am also unable to send picture messages. Is anyone else experiencing this or, is there a fix? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, what other issues are you experiencing so I can have a heads up?

Posted via the Android Central App
    shebad89 likes this.
    04-28-2015 09:33 PM
    Are the photos still visible if you use a file manager app? Are or were they stored on the microSD card, or in Internal Storage? If on the card, the files might have gotten corrupted during the update process.

There are lots of complaints about the Lollipop update--look at these threads, for example:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...-well-now.html
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ms-anyone.html

The first thing I'd suggest is wiping the cache partition, which can be helpful after major system updates: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-14686
    04-28-2015 11:49 PM
    So, I updated my phone to lollipop today. I am noticing that the gallery has removed a majority of the pictures there. I am also unable to send picture messages. Is anyone else experiencing this or, is there a fix? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, what other issues are you experiencing so I can have a heads up?

I knew there will be a thread about this..
    04-29-2015 12:35 PM
    No issues here. Works great.

04-29-2015 09:12 PM
    I unfortunately had multiple issues with the update:
    *Keyboard constantly stopped working/froze (Samsung )
    *More battery drain
    *Air Command, memo would no longer launch
    *Apps/Internet glitchy
    *Device started running Hot!

For me, the only improvement I saw right away was that the Fingerprint Scanner was much more accurate on my device.

As far as the issues, I gave it a few days to see if things would settle down but they didn't improve. So, yest. I cleared out the Cache Partition which didn't help & this morning, I finally did a hard Reset which I was dreading, but it seems most everything's running smooth now. We'll see what happens over the next week or two.

Posted By MY Next Big Thing, The Galaxy Note 4!
    05-06-2015 06:40 PM
    Only thing I have noticed it that my speaker isn't as loud.

05-06-2015 07:13 PM
    *Pandora is only playing 1 song when the screen is locked
    *Cant upload any photos to facebook through the app (can do it when photo is opened in the gallery and shared that way). When I hit the camera button in the app, my photo roll shows up for a quick second or two then the app crashes.

Getting close to a hard reset but I really dont want to spend two hours setting up and installing everything again.

05-06-2015 07:44 PM
    Did the reset last night. Everythings working fine now

05-07-2015 11:01 AM
    I unfortunately had multiple issues with the update:
    *Keyboard constantly stopped working/froze (Samsung )
    *More battery drain
    *Air Command, memo would no longer launch
    *Apps/Internet glitchy
    *Device started running Hot!

For me, the only improvement I saw right away was that the Fingerprint Scanner was much more accurate on my device.

As far as the issues, I gave it a few days to see if things would settle down but they didn't improve. So, yest. I cleared out the Cache Partition which didn't help & this morning, I finally did a hard Reset which I was dreading, but it seems most everything's running smooth now. We'll see what happens over the next week or two.

Posted By MY Next Big Thing, The Galaxy Note 4!
    A new device and almost always after an upgrade or a reset, the device will get hot until after the first charging session.

I had a Note 3 actually reheating and Samsung had to replace the motherboard. When I got it back and started charging, it got hot and I called them. They told me the above and it has been correct.

My brand new Note 4 was hot with my first charging session after my update, and I did a reset automatically, and after that first time, it is actually very cool.
    05-07-2015 03:44 PM