how is the sound? I see it takes great pics but how is the sound? Also, note 4 vs note edge? is the edge worth the extra $
    Thanks for your input
    04-28-2015 10:25 PM
    The sound on my note 4 is fine, sounds good!. Comparing the Note 4 to the Edge...The note features the amazing Spen! A unique feature!...I love my note 4!..Outstanding phone!...The Edge is a unique phone that feature a sophisticated style,like the Note 4, they are your true SMART PHONES!..both phone feature unique Technology!...I believe these 2 phone are the best SMART phones on the market! Yes! The Edge is worth paying the extra money! Stay away from the BORING Iphone!

Posted via the Android Central App
    brick58 likes this.
    04-29-2015 12:00 AM
    If you do screen protectors the edge may present a problem.
    brick58 likes this.
    04-29-2015 12:13 AM
    Sound is quite loud.
    brick58 likes this.
    04-29-2015 01:12 AM
    how is the sound? I see it takes great pics but how is the sound? Also, note 4 vs note edge? is the edge worth the extra $
    Thanks for your input
    Sound is good. But the best sound I've ever seen on a phone is a Nokia 1520. So, if recording video is of the utmost importance, then I'd recommend that one. Otherwise, the Note 4 just has its standard microphones. But the 1520, wow... All those directional mics are fantastic for aiming your phone at a subject and picking up that audio. I had the 1520 for a while. Switched to the Note 4 for Android (which does everything I want) whereas Windows Phone doesn't. But I know people that are truly happy with Windows Phone.... That's the reason why I mention the 1520.
    brick58 likes this.
    04-29-2015 02:08 AM
    I think the sounds is very good. Wish the speaker wasn't on the back but it's good for where it is. I choose the Note 4 over the edge only because I preferred the way the 4 felt in hand. I wish I was more comfortable with the Edge. Go handle both. If you can comfortable with the Edge then I would say it is absolutely worth the extra cash.

Sent from my Note 4
    brick58 likes this.
    04-29-2015 06:53 AM
    I'm not a person who uses the speakers a lot, although when I usually use them i'm happy with the quality.

To me when you consider the note, I usually take you as a person who's interested in having a "productivity" baed phone and someone who intends to use the pen to it's fullest (either drawing, taking notes, cropping you name it, writing down in meetings)

But besides the pen, the phone has a great screen to watch tv series/movies/reading and the horse power that it has is pretty good to play games and multi-task.
    cinnamin and brick58 like this.
    04-29-2015 07:01 AM
    The biggest downside for me is that the speaker is on the back

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
    04-29-2015 08:02 AM
    I believe the Note Edge has the pen too. I didn't get it because it didn't seem useful. The new S6 edge seems much better for the edge features.

The sound on speaker phone calls is totally acceptable. If you are listening to music it works, but if this is a big concern for you I suggest getting a bluetooth speaker, they will almost always have better sound. Get the normal Note 4 and use the cash saved to buy a speaker.
    04-29-2015 08:45 AM
    I have had every Note. I used the pen the most on my Note 2. I don't use it much now, but when I want a pen, I want it. That is why I stick to the Note series of large screens because I do love the large screen and sometimes want a pen.

As a woman with small hands I have always worried each new one will be too big, but I'm used to them and they aren't too big for me.
    04-29-2015 03:31 PM
    Nothing special about Note 4 sound. Speaker at the back not the ideal place for it. If sound is a priority for you then give Nexus 6 a try. 2 front facing speakers. Note 4 has no chance against that.
    04-29-2015 08:16 PM
    The sound on the Note 4 is average. Not too different than any other Android phones available. I have been told by a source from T-Mobile that the Note Edge has seen quite a few problems with the edge part working the way it's supposed to work and that is the reason many stores do not keep them in stock. They have a high return rate. They have to order them when someone requests one (which is not very often, according to my source). I was tempted by it's great looks but went with the Note 4 because of it's high reliability ratings.
    04-29-2015 08:43 PM