If the Note 5 has a sealed battery ...

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
would you still get it if it's sealed, and had similar aesthetics to the S6, better camera, finger print scanner, etc?

what size battery would it have to be?

I don't expect the battery to be sealed, and I think it'll come with SD, but I wouldn't be shocked if it follows the S6. Personally, I'd probably go with the Nexus 2015, unless the Note 5 has a replaceable battery or a sealed 3400+ mAh.

Posted via the Android Central App

Kage87Z

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
Don't think so. The 4 is pretty good... sealing it isn't for our benefit... spare batteries would become a thing of the past... so, no, I won't get one if it's sealed.

Goosty

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I agree I don't swap batteries either. I don't really care about added storage as much anymore as so much is cloud based now. Plus I have a hard time thinking of a need to upgrade just to have a little better screen and a faster processor. Obviously not being privy to what Samsung has in the works.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I understand about the SD card if it's not there, I do like to use it, especially if it were a 16gb phone, which I'd never get another device with that little again. Like my Note 8.0. Plus would be more expensive without the SD card option. I don't quite understand about the battery myself. I have done battery pulls in the past on phones, so understand that aspect about it and my Note 4 got super hot after downloading lollipop, so pulled it then also. I have a Note 10.1 2012 version and no removable battery, so never really needed to deal with it on that. It's nice to have, but that isn't a deal breaker for me.

I love my Note 4, so unless problems later down the road, see no need to upgrade to the newer Note 5. I think it's a great phone and still haven't used it to it's potential yet. I do wish they would get root though, just seems like it's something that probably will not happen with this phone on ATT and Verizon. So not a big deal. Just more options if that was available.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I am looking forward to the Samsung payment software, better screen, Exanos (sp?} 8 core processor, extremely fast hardwired memory, etc. So if the Note 5 is a sealed all glass covered metal device so be it.
In addition, I feel that Samsung is aware of the target audience of the Note 4 is very much different than the target audience for the S6 and S6 edge. Thus, I don't think that we will see an all glass and metal sealed Note 5.

Gunny94

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Depends on battery benchmarks to be honest...

But wouldn't mind upgrading to it, since most of my days I can put the phone charging.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
As long as it's a good battery and they offer at least 64gb of storage internal I'll be good. I was perfectly happy with the battery life and storage on my 6 Plus.

Sent from my Note 4

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
If I like the phone then I would still get it. The sealed battery is not a big deal to me.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
If the battery is sealed, it would need to be one that initially has at LEAST 8-10 hours of *screen on* time capacity. That way, after two years of heavy use, you could reasonably expect a full day with 5-6 hours of screen time out of it.

If it's like the current battery but sealed in, well, I'd miss the S-Pen terribly, but I'd be looking elsewhere. I don't hold any illusions that the battery that came with my Note 4 will be all-day strong a year from now, since it already isn't with as much as I have come to rely on the phone for productivity tasks.

mrcil20

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
If the battery is sealed, it would need to be one that initially has at LEAST 8-10 hours of *screen on* time capacity. That way, after two years of heavy use, you could reasonably expect a full day with 5-6 hours of screen time out of it.

If it's like the current battery but sealed in, well, I'd miss the S-Pen terribly, but I'd be looking elsewhere. I don't hold any illusions that the battery that came with my Note 4 will be all-day strong a year from now, since it already isn't with as much as I have come to rely on the phone for productivity tasks.

Exactly this.
That's one of the main reason I switched from Apple. After one year, the battery falls at 70% capacity and you're always seeking for a power plug. I see a lot of people around me with big and ugly battery case on their phones. That's not what I want. When my Note 4 battery will not satisfy me in some months, I will replace it. If the next Note has a sealed battery, I will be looking elsewhere for sure.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I upgrade every year. Life is too short! So yes, I will be considering Note 5 either way. But 1st it will need to be better than the next Nexus. Otherwise, I'll be giving android pure stock a shot :)

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I said that about the S6, and here I am rocking one and loving it. Samsung is also having record sales with the S6. I think they'd hit records with the Note 5 too. This me build is nice.

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
No... batteries begin to degrade after about 6 months of heavy use. We should be allowed to replace them. A bum battery will make your phone worth nothing for resale...
I'll be looking elsewhere...

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
If the battery is sealed my iphone will be my main phone again and Android will be my secondary line. this is my first droid phone and expandable storage and removable battery is what attracted me take that away then I would have to look else where again.

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I said that about the S6, and here I am rocking one and loving it. Samsung is also having record sales with the S6. I think they'd hit records with the Note 5 too. This me build is nice.

No one denies that it is an awesome phone! :) however, I wonder how great you are going to think it is in 6 months when your battery life starts to degrade, and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it... I bet you're not going to be terribly happy then...

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I am looking forward to the Samsung payment software, better screen, Exanos (sp?} 8 core processor, extremely fast hardwired memory, etc. So if the Note 5 is a sealed all glass covered metal device so be it.
In addition, I feel that Samsung is aware of the target audience of the Note 4 is very much different than the target audience for the S6 and S6 edge. Thus, I don't think that we will see an all glass and metal sealed Note 5.

I hope you're right, because I am one of the people that will be very unhappy and look elsewhere if they do that... :)

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
If/when they seal the battery, yeah, no. I'm done with that line. As it is, I'm pretty darn happy with the N4. Only thing that could make me consider upgrading is if they get a better speaker on it. I get tired of having to cup my hands around the speaker to direct the sound forward if I'm listening to music or watching a video.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech