06-11-2015 08:51 AM
85 123 ...
tools
    would you still get it if it's sealed, and had similar aesthetics to the S6, better camera, finger print scanner, etc?

what size battery would it have to be?

I don't expect the battery to be sealed, and I think it'll come with SD, but I wouldn't be shocked if it follows the S6. Personally, I'd probably go with the Nexus 2015, unless the Note 5 has a replaceable battery or a sealed 3400+ mAh.

Posted via the Android Central App
    ken28117 likes this.
    04-28-2015 11:12 PM
    Yes. I have never switched out my note 4 battery. Plenty of portable power banks out there.
    04-28-2015 11:16 PM
    Don't think so. The 4 is pretty good... sealing it isn't for our benefit... spare batteries would become a thing of the past... so, no, I won't get one if it's sealed.
    juliesdroidsync and ken28117 like this.
    04-28-2015 11:26 PM
    I agree I don't swap batteries either. I don't really care about added storage as much anymore as so much is cloud based now. Plus I have a hard time thinking of a need to upgrade just to have a little better screen and a faster processor. Obviously not being privy to what Samsung has in the works.

04-28-2015 11:28 PM
    I understand about the SD card if it's not there, I do like to use it, especially if it were a 16gb phone, which I'd never get another device with that little again. Like my Note 8.0. Plus would be more expensive without the SD card option. I don't quite understand about the battery myself. I have done battery pulls in the past on phones, so understand that aspect about it and my Note 4 got super hot after downloading lollipop, so pulled it then also. I have a Note 10.1 2012 version and no removable battery, so never really needed to deal with it on that. It's nice to have, but that isn't a deal breaker for me.

I love my Note 4, so unless problems later down the road, see no need to upgrade to the newer Note 5. I think it's a great phone and still haven't used it to it's potential yet. I do wish they would get root though, just seems like it's something that probably will not happen with this phone on ATT and Verizon. So not a big deal. Just more options if that was available.
    Curly62 likes this.
    04-29-2015 01:04 AM
    I am looking forward to the Samsung payment software, better screen, Exanos (sp?} 8 core processor, extremely fast hardwired memory, etc. So if the Note 5 is a sealed all glass covered metal device so be it.
    In addition, I feel that Samsung is aware of the target audience of the Note 4 is very much different than the target audience for the S6 and S6 edge. Thus, I don't think that we will see an all glass and metal sealed Note 5.
    bassplayrguy and shaleem like this.
    04-29-2015 01:27 AM
    Depends on battery benchmarks to be honest...

But wouldn't mind upgrading to it, since most of my days I can put the phone charging.
    04-29-2015 05:07 AM
    As long as it's a good battery and they offer at least 64gb of storage internal I'll be good. I was perfectly happy with the battery life and storage on my 6 Plus.

Sent from my Note 4
    04-29-2015 05:17 AM
    If I like the phone then I would still get it. The sealed battery is not a big deal to me.

shaleem likes this.
    04-29-2015 09:05 AM
    If the battery is sealed, it would need to be one that initially has at LEAST 8-10 hours of *screen on* time capacity. That way, after two years of heavy use, you could reasonably expect a full day with 5-6 hours of screen time out of it.

If it's like the current battery but sealed in, well, I'd miss the S-Pen terribly, but I'd be looking elsewhere. I don't hold any illusions that the battery that came with my Note 4 will be all-day strong a year from now, since it already isn't with as much as I have come to rely on the phone for productivity tasks.
    04-29-2015 09:16 AM
    If the battery is sealed, it would need to be one that initially has at LEAST 8-10 hours of *screen on* time capacity. That way, after two years of heavy use, you could reasonably expect a full day with 5-6 hours of screen time out of it.

If it's like the current battery but sealed in, well, I'd miss the S-Pen terribly, but I'd be looking elsewhere. I don't hold any illusions that the battery that came with my Note 4 will be all-day strong a year from now, since it already isn't with as much as I have come to rely on the phone for productivity tasks.
    Exactly this.
    That's one of the main reason I switched from Apple. After one year, the battery falls at 70% capacity and you're always seeking for a power plug. I see a lot of people around me with big and ugly battery case on their phones. That's not what I want. When my Note 4 battery will not satisfy me in some months, I will replace it. If the next Note has a sealed battery, I will be looking elsewhere for sure.
    04-29-2015 11:05 AM
    If Samsung seals the battery on the note 5 or beyond the 4 will be the last note for me.
    04-29-2015 12:10 PM
    I upgrade every year. Life is too short! So yes, I will be considering Note 5 either way. But 1st it will need to be better than the next Nexus. Otherwise, I'll be giving android pure stock a shot
    04-29-2015 08:23 PM
    I said that about the S6, and here I am rocking one and loving it. Samsung is also having record sales with the S6. I think they'd hit records with the Note 5 too. This me build is nice.

04-29-2015 08:35 PM
    No... batteries begin to degrade after about 6 months of heavy use. We should be allowed to replace them. A bum battery will make your phone worth nothing for resale...
    I'll be looking elsewhere...

mrcil20 and ken28117 like this.
    04-29-2015 11:13 PM
    If the battery is sealed my iphone will be my main phone again and Android will be my secondary line. this is my first droid phone and expandable storage and removable battery is what attracted me take that away then I would have to look else where again.
    mrcil20 likes this.
    04-30-2015 02:47 AM
    Two showstoppers for the Note 5, sealed battery and no micro sd card capability. If so, then I will get the Note 4.
    juliesdroidsync likes this.
    04-30-2015 12:36 PM
    I said that about the S6, and here I am rocking one and loving it. Samsung is also having record sales with the S6. I think they'd hit records with the Note 5 too. This me build is nice.

No one denies that it is an awesome phone! :-) however, I wonder how great you are going to think it is in 6 months when your battery life starts to degrade, and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it... I bet you're not going to be terribly happy then...
    mak916 likes this.
    04-30-2015 01:10 PM
    I am looking forward to the Samsung payment software, better screen, Exanos (sp?} 8 core processor, extremely fast hardwired memory, etc. So if the Note 5 is a sealed all glass covered metal device so be it.
    In addition, I feel that Samsung is aware of the target audience of the Note 4 is very much different than the target audience for the S6 and S6 edge. Thus, I don't think that we will see an all glass and metal sealed Note 5.
    I hope you're right, because I am one of the people that will be very unhappy and look elsewhere if they do that... :-)
    04-30-2015 01:13 PM
    If/when they seal the battery, yeah, no. I'm done with that line. As it is, I'm pretty darn happy with the N4. Only thing that could make me consider upgrading is if they get a better speaker on it. I get tired of having to cup my hands around the speaker to direct the sound forward if I'm listening to music or watching a video.
    juliesdroidsync, rob367 and mak916 like this.
    04-30-2015 02:14 PM
    If/when they seal the battery, yeah, no. I'm done with that line. As it is, I'm pretty darn happy with the N4. Only thing that could make me consider upgrading is if they get a better speaker on it. I get tired of having to cup my hands around the speaker to direct the sound forward if I'm listening to music or watching a video.
    That's why there are bluetooth headsets and ear buds
    adegbenroagoro likes this.
    04-30-2015 03:37 PM

8-10 hours of screen on time? There is nothing that even comes close to that now. The S Pen will not be going away as it defines the Note line. If they seal the battery it will be just as good if not a little better than the Note 4 which the best on the market today.
    04-30-2015 03:55 PM
    Not really concerned about the battery as when I go to plug it in at night I'm still around 40% and I'm on the AT&T next program so I'm eligible for a new phone every year should the battery life start to go down. I will be disappointed if they get rid of the micro SD slot thought. Honestly I'm surprised that Samsung made both of these changes with the S6; one of their strong marketing points against the iPhone was the removable battery and micro SD card.
    adegbenroagoro likes this.
    04-30-2015 04:27 PM
    At this point, I'm not certain. I see both sides of this issue. I just haven't decided one way or the other.
    04-30-2015 04:28 PM
    No... batteries begin to degrade after about 6 months of heavy use. We should be allowed to replace them.
    Not correct, lithium ion batteries don't suffer the memory effect and should not degrade over time. All of my previous Android phones still take the same charge as day one. This myth needs to be put to rest.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    04-30-2015 04:37 PM
85 123 ...