Someone answer me please.
    Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-29-2015 12:32 AM
    Note 4, because it's cheaper and does the same things. The Edge is just a gimmick and no apps make use of the edge other than the native Samsung apps.
    04-29-2015 12:57 AM
    I have both phones and actually prefer the Edge because of the edge panel. It is not a gimmick and it does has actual functions which are completely different then the Galaxy S6 Edge.

You are writing a note in an app and a call comes in, you answer or decline it from the edge panel without exiting out of the app you are using.

You can control whatever music you are listening to right from the edge panel without exiting out of the app you are currently using.

You can add favorire apps to an edge panel and open them without going to the home screen.

While using the phone for anything, you get app notifications in the edge panel and you can see if it's something you want to read or get to without opening that app right then and there.

There is plenty that the edge panel does and if I had bought the Note Edge first, I would not have bought my Note 4. I love my Note Edge.
    Hamza Mourad likes this.
    04-29-2015 02:56 AM
    I choose the Note 4 over the Edge but it was mainly because I preferred the way the 4 felt in hand. The Edge is absolutely not a gimmick. I think it can be very useful. It may not be for everyone but to call it a gimmick is certainly not helpful to someone trying to make a buying decision. The fact that you can handle notifications or phone calls with no interruption of what you are doing is very useful alone. I am excited to see what Samsung does with it going forward. I'm sure we have not seen the last of that line of the Note.

Sent from my Note 4
    geekaren and Hamza Mourad like this.
    04-29-2015 06:50 AM
    I just recently chose the Note over Edge because of the price and the battery. The edge battery is about 10% smaller.

Hamza Mourad likes this.
    04-29-2015 07:09 AM
    IMO, that Edge is just a place for the screen to be cracked. Actually cases are an issue.

The Samsung guy recommend the Note 4 over the Edge to me. For me the edge is just a gimmick thing I don't care about.
    Hamza Mourad likes this.
    04-29-2015 03:52 PM
    IMO, that Edge is just a place for the screen to be cracked. Actually cases are an issue.

The Samsung guy recommend the Note 4 over the Edge to me. For me the edge is just a gimmick thing I don't care about.
    I've been going called on my Note Edge since buying it in February. Saying it is a gimmick is just plain uninformed.
    04-29-2015 03:58 PM
    Edge. I had both. I could not go back to an edgeless phone. It has been stated above by NexusGirlX as to why. I do love the feel of the Note however. But the Edge has so many extra features that I enjoy.
    Hamza Mourad likes this.
    04-29-2015 04:22 PM
    S6 Edge in Gold is beautiful and powerful.

Hamza Mourad likes this.
    04-29-2015 04:59 PM
    S6 Edge in Gold is beautiful and powerful.

But as far as functionality goes, the S 6 panels do very little as compared to the Note Edge panel does and that is why I skipped on the S6.
    Hamza Mourad likes this.
    04-29-2015 05:02 PM
    I've been going called on my Note Edge since buying it in February. Saying it is a gimmick is just plain uninformed.
    Actually the Samsung rep called it a gimmick.

If it has a feature that is important to you, it isn't a gimmick for you. Calling the edge a gimmick is not a personal statement about you.
    Hamza Mourad likes this.
    04-29-2015 05:33 PM
    I have both phones and actually prefer the Edge because of the edge panel. It is not a gimmick and it does has actual functions which are completely different then the Galaxy S6 Edge.

You are writing a note in an app and a call comes in, you answer or decline it from the edge panel without exiting out of the app you are using.

You can control whatever music you are listening to right from the edge panel without exiting out of the app you are currently using.

You can add favorire apps to an edge panel and open them without going to the home screen.

While using the phone for anything, you get app notifications in the edge panel and you can see if it's something you want to read or get to without opening that app right then and there.

There is plenty that the edge panel does and if I had bought the Note Edge first, I would not have bought my Note 4. I love my Note Edge.
    And if you have the Gear S, you can do all that and more. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    Hamza Mourad likes this.
    04-29-2015 06:00 PM
    And if you have the Gear S, you can do all that and more. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    And I am one that doesn't like how Lollipop vomits notifications every where and they take over the phone and I have little control over them. The last thing I want is then popping up on my wrist or the side of my phone when my phone is on my desk or on the table in the middle of meetings or when just out.

Different things are important to different people. In my view the wearable stuff is gimmicky, but that is because of what functions are important to me. You like it because you have different functions important to you.

There is no answer to "which is better, the Edge or N4" because that answer depends on what things are important to the person that is buying it.
    04-29-2015 06:14 PM
    For me, the Gear S smartwatch and Edge Panel on the Note Edge and S6E are like additional but separate screens. They do similar things as the main phones, but without interruptions. IMO, having the Note Edge and Gear S is an overkill.
    Hamza Mourad likes this.
    04-29-2015 06:23 PM
    Anyone have problems with the "edge on the Edge" working the way it's supposed to work? I was told by someone that works for T-Mobile that they have a lot of Note Edges coming back for returns because of problems and that it's not the same system used on the S6 Edge. The S6 is a totally different system that actually works.
    Hamza Mourad likes this.
    04-29-2015 08:51 PM
    My post above was supposed to say that I've been going caseless on my Note Edge since buying the phone in February. I don't feel that it is anymore fragile than my Note 4 or any other phone.
    04-30-2015 02:24 AM
    And if you have the Gear S, you can do all that and more.
    I have a Gear S watch that is paired with my Note Edge. I wear the watch everyday. I took a week off from using the watch last week but I'm wearing it again this week. Saves me from having to take the phone out to see what the notification was or whatever.
    04-30-2015 02:25 AM
    My post above was supposed to say that I've been going caseless on my Note Edge since buying the phone in February. I don't feel that it is anymore fragile than my Note 4 or any other phone.
    That Edge is unprotected. I would think a drop on that edge and it not protected is asking for a break.
    04-30-2015 05:26 AM
    That Edge is unprotected. I would think a drop on that edge and it not protected is asking for a break.
    I'm not too worried about it. My boss has a Note Edge and he dropped it from his hand onto a hard tiled floor and there was no damage. It landed face down. They are pretty tough.
    04-30-2015 05:37 AM
    I'm not too worried about it. My boss has a Note Edge and he dropped it from his hand onto a hard tiled floor and there was no damage. It landed face down. They are pretty tough.
    I've only cracked one screen in my life and that was my N2 and it landing just right on the corner.

That seems to be the "weak place" for the screens. Fortunately they don't hit on a corner too often.
    04-30-2015 02:40 PM