07-09-2015 07:57 PM
111 12345
tools
    I paid for the pro version on textra. Still getting ads and it's asking me to pay again. Been emailing their support team and nothing they are telling me to try is helping.

Posted via the Android Central App
    tonyr6 likes this.
    05-01-2015 10:02 AM
    Google messenger after Textra went the ad route. Also messenger added quick reply which is great

tonyr6 likes this.
    05-01-2015 10:33 AM
    I use the stock messaging app. It does the job adequately enough for me.
    05-01-2015 10:41 AM
    Just got my Textra ad-free trial is over message. Goodbye Textra. Suggestions? Think stock.

Can't you just pay $1 for the paid version?
    05-01-2015 11:54 AM
    Textra, just paid for the Pro version, it is one time fee and only 87 cent . Enjoyed it free for 3 years so time to dev to make some money on his/her hard work.

I'm guessing I'm the only one currently that doesn't have any ads on Textra. Do you mind sharing the link to the paid version?
    05-01-2015 11:57 AM
    I agree. . . I've using VZW Messages (now called Messages+ I think? ?), and love it! The photo editor alone that's embedded in it is amazing and VERY easy to use.

Old Guy 59 likes this.
    05-01-2015 12:13 PM
    I paid for the pro version on textra. Still getting ads and it's asking me to pay again. Been emailing their support team and nothing they are telling me to try is helping.
    That is why I hate IAP. I had glitches like that too where I purchased in app but nothing happened. Why doesn't the author just release a separate app called Textra Pro for a $1?
    05-01-2015 12:15 PM

Happening same here, ads are back again.
    What email address you sent the query to? Interesting thing is seems like price has gone up, yesterday I paid .87 cent and today showing 1.08€.

Sent the email using that app.

05-01-2015 02:31 PM
    I'm gonna stay with the stock app. I'm actually happy with the new orange color and as I don't use the messaging app too often, it does the job for me. I used to use the Google app on my G3 though.

05-01-2015 02:56 PM
    What email address you sent the query to? Interesting thing is seems like price has gone up, yesterday I paid .87 cent and today showing 1.08€.

International monetary exchange rate change?

Support Our Troops !!!
    <><
    Beast Mode 4
    05-01-2015 02:57 PM

If you go into the setting in the app there is a contact us link. I clicked it

05-01-2015 03:01 PM
    Can't you just pay $1 for the paid version?
    it's not about affording an $1 purchase, rather that there are other full-featured alternatives available for free. i'm not a big fan of paying for apps because they often get abandoned and turn to crap anyway.
    tonyr6 likes this.
    05-01-2015 07:42 PM
    Using the stock app for now on my G3. I really like the Google messenger app but it doesn't give you slot of attachment options.

05-01-2015 08:55 PM
    it's not about affording an $1 purchase, rather that there are other full-featured alternatives available for free. i'm not a big fan of paying for apps because they often get abandoned and turn to crap anyway.
    The nice thing about Textra, and others, is the choice. Free with ads, not free to remove them. Either way the developer gets paid, an incentive to continue to keep active updates and what not.
    I agree, it's very frustrating to pay for an app only to have Android fragmentation rear its ugly head and the developer took the money and ran, abandoning the app that is in need of fixing because of some trivial code error in carrier or manufacturer bloatware.

Support Our Troops !!!
    <><
    Beast Mode 4
    05-02-2015 10:28 AM
    What are you planning to use now?
    05-02-2015 11:26 AM
    T.
    I agree, it's very frustrating to pay for an app only to have Android fragmentation rear its ugly head and the developer took the money and ran, abandoning the app that is in need of fixing because of some trivial code error in carrier or manufacturer bloatware.
    I never encounter that with a paid app but I had some free apps that have become abandomware.
    05-02-2015 11:31 AM
    Google messenger after Textra went the ad route. Also messenger added quick reply which is great

Does google messenger have an option to enable 4g automatically when receiving/sending MMS?
    05-02-2015 11:35 AM
    Stock here. just seems the best for groups and such.
    05-02-2015 11:36 AM
    I never encounter that with a paid app but I had some free apps that have become abandomware.
    Ultra Keyboard is one that came to mind for me. It's been a couple of years ago that I last tried it.
    I still use Alarm Clock+ and Multiple Picture Live Wallpaper that are, as you call them, abandonware that I paid for but they have been flawless without updates through several firmware updates, device changes and carrier switching. Just working is most important to me. Handcent kept getting buggy in update, fix in follow up but add more bloat also, I've only been using Textra a few weeks but I looked at Play user reviews going way back before buying.

Support Our Troops !!!
    <><
    Beast Mode 4
    05-02-2015 01:33 PM
    Was an exclusive Hangouts user but one day switched back to the stock app on my M8 and now on my Note!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk
    05-02-2015 01:56 PM
    Stock Message App. Why change when it does what it says on the tin. I came from s4 to note 4 and can put up with colours etc. What do others offer far greater than the stock message app

05-02-2015 02:13 PM
    The reason I like the stock app is because its integrated with the contacts app.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4
    05-02-2015 02:16 PM
    Stock Message App. Why change when it does what it says on the tin. I came from s4 to note 4 and can put up with colours etc. What do others offer far greater than the stock message app

Stock doesn't play well with long sms thread, it is slow as hell, i have over 25k msg, imported from iphone and stock and messenger takes up to minute to open some conversation while textra does it in less than a sec.

05-02-2015 02:56 PM
    How quickly we feel entitled to benefit from these developers work for free. You can continue to enjoy Textra for free, albeit with ads. I don't understand begrudging such a small amount (less than $1) as a one-time thank you for an app you find useful. I wouldn't give up an app that I liked and worked well on my phone just to avoid paying a small fee. I think it's wonderful that we can download free or low-cost apps from the Play Store on as many devices as we want, also. After paying a large amount for a phone, I'm willing to spend a few dollars to have it equipped with the apps I like the best. In fact, I'd even go so far as to say that I think people that not only develop but maintain their apps SHOULD receive some remuneration. JMHO.
    Well said. I completely agree.
    bassplayrguy likes this.
    05-03-2015 09:21 AM
    Was an exclusive Hangouts user but one day switched back to the stock app on my M8 and now on my Note!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk
    I tried Hangouts and liked it until I tried to send a pic and it wouldn't send. How do I get them to send?

05-03-2015 12:39 PM
111 12345