What app do you use for messages?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm just curious how many people use the stock messaging app vs hangouts or something else. I'm on verizon and have their messaging app that backs up, is fairly customizable and is actually pretty nice. I've been trying that one for the last few days. Not sure what I'm going to stick with though.

Sent from my Note 4

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I've switched to Textra after years of using Handcent.
When I was on Verizon I used Verizon Messages. It's a dandy thing to be able to use that app on tablets or desktop and have phone texts come to them real time.

pappcam

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Stock. I see no compelling reason to switch as stock does everything I need. It took a few days to get used to the new colour scheme but it's all good now.

dasupaman23

Nov 24, 2008
Visit site
I used to use Textra but was having issues sending mms. Tried a few apps but have settled on Google Messenger. So far it does what I need. So I'm going to stick with that for now

Slantize

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
i've been using textra but not sure how i feel about them putting ads in soon unless you pay. i may switch to something else, i downloaded evolve and it looks okay but looks like you can't change the theme on it without paying? haven't played with it too much, but seems okay. i think i like textra the best, though, so i may just pay for it.

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
i've been using textra but not sure how i feel about them putting ads in soon unless you pay. i may switch to something else, i downloaded evolve and it looks okay but looks like you can't change the theme on it without paying? haven't played with it too much, but seems okay. i think i like textra the best, though, so i may just pay for it.

Same here. Not thrilled that they are going to add ads unless we buy the pro version. But textra is the only messaging app I have found that I really like so I will probably just pay for it.

Posted via the Android Central App

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Deleted Textra I refuse to pay to remove annoying ads when the app use to be ad free. I am using Google Messenger now on mine and soon my parents phones.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I might look at turning Hangouts on. I've always used the stock messaging but I hate what Samsung has done with the orange bar and in KitKat how the background has a muted gray tint to any background you use.

Thst horrid orange though has been enough to maybe make me change.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I use Hangouts for message but Verizon for texting. The app is seriously on point. As much as everyone hates on Verizon, this app is very, very good. I was using Google Messenger but MMSs would take so much longer to hit my phone than others. Ever since I switched to the Verizon app, never had that problem. Very customizable also. Highly suggest others check it out.

Andrew Read1

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Was using stock but after 640 characters it converts to mms, so switched to google messenger so far so good although miss being able to schedule when my messages where sent.

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
I may switch to Google messenger. Wish they had more options for customization. I tried hangouts but didn't care for it

eljeffe58

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
mysms. I even paid the dang yearly subscription. So far, it is the most reliable, functional, and enjoyable sms app I have ever used. I have tried them all, I am near sure about that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol