What app do you use for messages?

radicchio

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Almost every app I have that offers a paid version I have the paid, whether it has ads or not, whether the paid gives extras over the freebie or not.

Yes, I do the same. In addition to the reasons I outlined in my earlier post, I think doing so also may help to perpetuate the current system where very modest sums are requested or suggested for an app. If too many people ignore this request, we could conceivably see the costs go up or perhaps they would somehow restrict the use of an app to just one device and we'd have to pay for it over and over again (i.e., Windows computer software) for each new phone or added device. I probably would not download any app that required a monthly fee, unless I found it extremely useful.

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I was an exclusive Hangouts user then switched to the stock app on my M8. Using the stock app on my Note 4 as well.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Switched from Textra to Google Messages this week. I think I wouldn't mind paying for Textra of the ride to present day didn't feel like a bumpy downward slope. Several updates back the application got sluggish and the camera functionality changed a little. Messages isn't much better the camera department but it's faster for sure.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I've switched over to the stock app from the Verizon app for the last day or so. It's good as well. Not sure I really have a preference. I'll try some of the others mentioned as well.

Sent from my Note 4

babygirl0419

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
i've been using textra but not sure how i feel about them putting ads in soon unless you pay. i may switch to something else, i downloaded evolve and it looks okay but looks like you can't change the theme on it without paying? haven't played with it too much, but seems okay. i think i like textra the best, though, so i may just pay for it.
Yea I've been using textra faithfully. I just went on and paid the .99 cuz its the only texting app that I've never had a problem with. I used to use handcent but I have no idea what they have going on. It just seems like with every update that app gets worse.

jeffruby

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I also back and forth on verizon/stock. But, on my tab s the verizon app gives me text access on tab. When I use stock on phone, incoming texts still sync (but sadly outgoing ones from no phone do not) therefore verizon on phone it is.

BarfingMonkey

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Google messenger, i didn't like hangouts or stock, had handcent but they are advertising now and it's annoying, try Google messenger.

Kjthomas0724

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
I paid for the pro version on textra. Still getting ads and it's asking me to pay again. Been emailing their support team and nothing they are telling me to try is helping.

Posted via the Android Central App

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Textra, just paid for the Pro version, it is one time fee and only 87 cent . Enjoyed it free for 3 years so time to dev to make some money on his/her hard work.

I'm guessing I'm the only one currently that doesn't have any ads on Textra. Do you mind sharing the link to the paid version?

FSU30

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I agree. . . I've using VZW Messages (now called Messages+ I think? ?), and love it! The photo editor alone that's embedded in it is amazing and VERY easy to use.

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I paid for the pro version on textra. Still getting ads and it's asking me to pay again. Been emailing their support team and nothing they are telling me to try is helping.
That is why I hate IAP. I had glitches like that too where I purchased in app but nothing happened. Why doesn't the author just release a separate app called Textra Pro for a $1?

sbhatia1981

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site

Happening same here, ads are back again.
What email address you sent the query to? Interesting thing is seems like price has gone up, yesterday I paid .87 cent and today showing 1.08€.

Sent the email using that app.

Lukas Wilk

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm gonna stay with the stock app. I'm actually happy with the new orange color and as I don't use the messaging app too often, it does the job for me. I used to use the Google app on my G3 though.

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Happening same here, ads are back again.
What email address you sent the query to? Interesting thing is seems like price has gone up, yesterday I paid .87 cent and today showing 1.08€.

Sent the email using that app.

International monetary exchange rate change?

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech