Just curious if anyone else has noticed a rattling sound coming from their phone? Noticed this at a family get together, my sister (iPhone user) and I was comparing phones. It was the rear facing camera moving around. I've had three replacement phones since for some reason Sprint isn't allowed to repair them at this time.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-29-2015 08:33 PM
    A rattling as in the sensor moving or the mechanical focusing/OIS? I haven't noticed it on mine, TBH. But then again, mine is T-Mobile.

I do remember this 'issue' was present in the Note 3 or S5, can't remember which one... but that was due to something moving when the camera was focusing, I think. Most of those units, IIRC, got replaced though.
    04-29-2015 10:04 PM
    Like a sensor or something moving around.

04-29-2015 10:23 PM
    Call or online chat with Samsung support. I had to send mine to Plano, Texas to have the camera replaced. It would not focus
    04-29-2015 10:28 PM
    Call or online chat with Samsung support. I had to send mine to Plano, Texas to have the camera replaced. It would not focus
    Was your device T-Mobile's by any chance? The first batch seemed to have this issue A LOT. For mine they just replaced the whole unit and the problem was gone. But yeah, mine wouldn't focus to infinity, especially at night. Macro shots were still good though.
    04-29-2015 10:48 PM
    SM-N910A
    04-29-2015 11:52 PM
    A rattling as in the sensor moving or the mechanical focusing/OIS? I haven't noticed it on mine, TBH. But then again, mine is T-Mobile.

I do remember this 'issue' was present in the Note 3 or S5, can't remember which one... but that was due to something moving when the camera was focusing, I think. Most of those units, IIRC, got replaced though.
    It was the S5. Mine never did it though.
    04-30-2015 12:18 AM
    Mine rattles and has focus issues. Purchased back in early December. Was flawless until a couple of weeks ago. Never dropped. Always had the rattle but not the focus issue. In the past couple of weeks the focus issue popped up and is getting worse... T-Mobile variant and rooted so I'll just wait until full failure before looking to repair or replace it via my square trade policy.
    04-30-2015 12:38 AM
    Mine is the the Sprint version(not sure what model number) and I have no issues as far as camera functionality. Just curious if anyone else had noilticed this as well. Sprint repair store claim they are not allowed at this time to repair these phone at this time so they can't verify what's rattling around in there, instead they have just been replacing it.

04-30-2015 08:29 AM
    I don't know if this will help but prior to my Note 4 I had an S4. I remember a discussion on that forum about a rattling noise that was thought to be from the camera. It turned out to be the volume switch was ever so slightly lose. When you jiggled the phone it would make a rattling sound. I just tried it with my Note 4 and got it to do the same. Obviously the volume switch can't be mounted solid.
    Give your Note a shake without touching the volume switch l and then while holding it (lightly) and see what happens.
    I don't know if this is the issue but if so it will save you a lot of aggravation.

04-30-2015 12:23 PM
    just shook my mine and I do hear the rattle now when the camera is on there is on rattle. I haven't
    had a problem with focus but I am concerned with this. Is it supposed to shake on purpose why doenst it shake when the camera is on. These questions are things we as consumers shouldn't have to deal with in 2015. Just when I thought I had the perfect phone. First the step back with the Galaxy 6 battery issues now this.
    04-30-2015 12:50 PM