Is there any way to reduce Android System battery usage?

muwu

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
So I got my Note 4 two weeks ago, upgraded to Lollipop the other day, and I do feel a slight increase in battery consumption during active usage compared to before lollipop (and I did clear the partition cache immediately after upgrading). Android System has currently used 17% of total battery usage, I've tried turning off the two ANT services, is there anything else that might reduce the battery consumption of this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! 17% isn't really bad, and it also depends on what else you're doing. If you're not doing much else, then the System (which is always running) will use a greater percentage of battery--but that doesn't mean it's using a greater absolute amount of battery.

Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

mountainbikermark

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
That's actually a good thing if your screen is not used a lot during the day. I think we're still stuck in the old days mindset of we must kill the top non screen user but Android and the Notes have gotten do much more efficient the numbers can seem deceptive.
If you want a deeper look at what part of Android System is using battery or your battery doesn't seem to be lasting as you think it should, apps like Gsam battery monitor give a more detailed battery usage.
My pre Notes would have things like Wi-Fi, cell standby, Bluetooth, etc fighting for top user and I was lucky to make it through the day without a charge unless I used an extended battery. Now I'm usually no less than 60% left at the end of the day with the same usage. My screen seems more battery hungry since lollipop and I believe it's my auto bright choosing brighter than before in brighter areas. The screen is brighter outside, using more battery.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7