Hey guys,

Whenever i set an application as default lets says Chrome to open all the links. This gets deleted for some reason and I have to set it again every other day or something. Has anyone had issues with this?

BTW I use CM clean and Battery saver to clean out my ram sometimes i dont know if this has anything to do with it.
    Please help.
    04-30-2015 03:25 AM
    If you install new apps (web browsers in this example) then that would cause the Application defaults for all the apps that register as a providing a web browser feature to get cleared out.

Other apps that get installed could affect the Application defaults setting too (depending on what they support, ie opening web links).

When this happens, notice if it's soon after you install new apps.
    04-30-2015 11:54 AM
    Hey guys,

Whenever i set an application as default lets says Chrome to open all the links. This gets deleted for some reason and I have to set it again every other day or something. Has anyone had issues with this?

BTW I use CM clean and Battery saver to clean out my ram sometimes i dont know if this has anything to do with it.
    Please help.
    You really shouldn't use CM clean or any RAM cleaning app. Android OS is designed to have the RAM almost completely in use at all times unlike Windows where you want lots of free RAM. There are threads and articles here that explain exactly why.

As far as the default changing. I noticed after having this issue that it was my operator error. The "just once" and "always" choice buttons have been reversed (left and right position) from 4.4.4 to 5.0.1. Once I started to read the new screens before clicking the issue was resolved.
    04-30-2015 04:06 PM
    Beh has very good points and to take it one step further, yes, uninstall those programs and see if it helps. Worst case scenario, it doesn't and you want them back - go right back to app store and get them again. Best case, it resolves the issues. However, I bet the answer lies with what beh said re: the just once and always. There is so little in the way of settings with default apps that I doubt its anything system related.
    04-30-2015 04:10 PM