Okay - I searched and have yet to find an answer - if this is a repeat I have missed, I apologize. Here goes. On my T-Mo N4, I would like to encrypt the device but do not want to be tethered to a password. The PIN mode for screen unlock is what I desire. Without rooting and running a custom ROM, is there anyway to modify the security policy to allow the PIN mode to be used with an encrypted device?

I tried encrypting it after reading somewhere else you can change to PIN once it is done. The understanding was that you would have to input a password on bootup but after that screen unlocks could be done via the PIN.

I am sure its somehow possible. My Nexus 9 tablet is encrypted (had no choice in the matter - how it came from factory) and allows any unlock method you want, so long as one is used.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance!
    04-30-2015 03:06 PM
    Just an update in case it helps anyone understand this better - still could use some help! ;-)

Had to do a factory reset on my Nexus 9 tablet thanks to a botched OTA update. It is forced encryption and does NOT force you to set any sort of unlock method. While I agree that is lousy security, it makes me really think this is policy based which leads me to believe it can be changed somewhere on the note 4. Thoughts?
    05-07-2015 10:40 AM
    Hello

I am also wanting to know the answer to these questions..... My LG G4 allows full encryption including SD card with a PIN lock. however my samsung FORCES me to have 6digit pw with a number or fingerprint.

does anyone know how I can encrypt my SD card with just a 4 digit PIN ??? im just worried that if i loose my phone my sd card files will be compromised

phone is galaxy s5
    04-16-2016 03:42 AM