I was trying to figure out why I can't get OK Google to open from a locked screen, and the always on feature is grayed out. So I went to my lockscreen settings to turn off the security on the lockscreen and found it is grayed out too.
    Why can't I turn it off?
    04-30-2015 05:54 PM
    I'd like to know what's going on with this as well. A few weeks ago I decided that I wanted to go from using my pin lock to just using swipe. It was all grayed out. I ended up doing a factory reset. Now I'm scared to even try the pin lock. Is this a lollipop thing?
    04-30-2015 06:11 PM
    Are you connected to a work Exchange server? Or did you install any private certificate to access work Wi-Fi? I had this. GO in settings, security and admin something, sorry my phone is in french 😊. If you see something there that is checked, that's why.
    For me to be able to use a pattern lock or no lock was to use Mailwise as mail client. There is an option in it to bypass Exchange security.
    geekaren likes this.
    04-30-2015 07:01 PM
    Are you connected to a work Exchange server? Or did you install any private certificate to access work Wi-Fi? I had this. GO in settings, security and admin something, sorry my phone is in french . If you see something there that is checked, that's why.
    For me to be able to use a pattern lock or no lock was to use Mailwise as mail client. There is an option in it to bypass Exchange security.
    No exchange server. No access to work wifi. I went into admin as suggested and unchecked android device manager. It didn't change the
    05-01-2015 02:06 PM
    Did you activate Knox mode, as this would require security as default.
    geekaren likes this.
    05-01-2015 02:23 PM
    The always on feature is grayed out because of S voice. You can try to disable S voice and then try enabling Ok Google for always On..

Cheers!
    05-01-2015 03:52 PM
    I'd like to know what's going on with this as well. A few weeks ago I decided that I wanted to go from using my pin lock to just using swipe. It was all grayed out. I ended up doing a factory reset. Now I'm scared to even try the pin lock. Is this a lollipop thing?

I also had this problem. Then I found out solution. I had installed DU BATTERY App. I uninstalled the app then the problem was solved.
    10-26-2016 01:35 AM