what's the best antivirus app for note 4?

Tahir Ahmed1

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi all, am looking for an antivirus because i think this is the only thing missing now on my superb note 4 running lollipop. any suggestions? and oh by best i mean less battery consumption, fast and accurate but not lookout cause i tried it and didn't like much.. thanks 4 ur help

Posted via the Android Central App

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I have Norton Mobile Antivirus

1189cba619a8221d6bdb718fc565b33a.jpg

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I say that MOST people don't need one and the article that cwbcpa linked to above also states that:

So do you need extra protection against viruses and malware? Probably not. Will it hurt anything if you choose to use an app? It'll take up space on your phone, perhaps. Maybe even rob your device of some performance. (And do know that there are a number of disreputable developers out there who sell nothing more than a placebo effect.)

We say: Try if you want. But your money's better spent elsewhere.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I use avg free on mine. The debate goes back and forth on if we need it or not, and i lean more towards the "we dont need it".

However i use avg on my laptop and work computer, so i put it on my phone and tablet.

It doesnt use much battery at all, and it hasnt affected performance. Its simple and the free version does what you need.

Tahir Ahmed1

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
ok am gonna give norton and avg a shot..
so u r saying extra protection that means my note 4 has already viruses protection?

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I use Norton. Even though it is said that Anti Virus software is not really needed on a mobile device, it makes me feel better.

souls33k3r

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
To be honest all these big names are now not good enough any more. Yes they have been around for yonks so people know of them more but doesn't really mean much in the world of IT Security. I work as an IT Security Analyst so might have a few things to chip in here.

We have Sophos end-point as an enterprise solution for our desktops so eventually downloaded the Sophos AV client for my Note 4. Have no issues or qualms and since i know how good they are with updating their IDEs, i think i'm fairly happy with it. Give it a go and you won't be disappointed.

Hope this helps.

Tahir Ahmed1

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Alright , since it is the same ;i think i wont install any unless my phone starts acting weird then i shall consider downloading one of those antiviruses apps.
Thanks all for ur help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22