Hi all, am looking for an antivirus because i think this is the only thing missing now on my superb note 4 running lollipop. any suggestions? and oh by best i mean less battery consumption, fast and accurate but not lookout cause i tried it and didn't like much.. thanks 4 ur help

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-01-2015 05:05 AM
    I have Norton Mobile Antivirus

05-01-2015 05:57 AM
    Check out this article. It might help decide for yourself what you need, if anything.

http://www.androidcentral.com/antivi...do-you-need-it

Sent from my Note 4
    05-01-2015 06:53 AM
    I say that MOST people don't need one and the article that cwbcpa linked to above also states that:

So do you need extra protection against viruses and malware? Probably not. Will it hurt anything if you choose to use an app? It'll take up space on your phone, perhaps. Maybe even rob your device of some performance. (And do know that there are a number of disreputable developers out there who sell nothing more than a placebo effect.)

We say: Try if you want. But your money's better spent elsewhere.
    05-01-2015 10:30 AM
    I use avg free on mine. The debate goes back and forth on if we need it or not, and i lean more towards the "we dont need it".

However i use avg on my laptop and work computer, so i put it on my phone and tablet.

It doesnt use much battery at all, and it hasnt affected performance. Its simple and the free version does what you need.

05-01-2015 10:41 AM
    ok am gonna give norton and avg a shot..
    so u r saying extra protection that means my note 4 has already viruses protection?

05-01-2015 11:03 AM
    I use Norton. Even though it is said that Anti Virus software is not really needed on a mobile device, it makes me feel better.
    indysteve9 likes this.
    05-01-2015 11:35 AM
    To be honest all these big names are now not good enough any more. Yes they have been around for yonks so people know of them more but doesn't really mean much in the world of IT Security. I work as an IT Security Analyst so might have a few things to chip in here.

We have Sophos end-point as an enterprise solution for our desktops so eventually downloaded the Sophos AV client for my Note 4. Have no issues or qualms and since i know how good they are with updating their IDEs, i think i'm fairly happy with it. Give it a go and you won't be disappointed.

Hope this helps.
    05-01-2015 12:22 PM
    From what I've read none of them provide much protection but for what it's worth I use Bitdefender Mobile and at least it isn't causing any issues. I think it's most useful purpose is its app locker that let's you put a pin on any app you choose. I lock all the system functions like settings so my kids can't destroy my phone.
    05-01-2015 01:45 PM
    Alright , since it is the same ;i think i wont install any unless my phone starts acting weird then i shall consider downloading one of those antiviruses apps.
    Thanks all for ur help

05-01-2015 07:45 PM