Note 4 slow loading browser and apps

Cappstar

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Something catastrophic has apparently happened to my Note 4 while i slept a few nights ago and now my internet based applications (all of my apps) are loading at a snails pace. I checked all of my other devices like my old Droid DNA and my desktops/laptops and It's definitely the Note that is the problem. I want to say it has something to do with the newest android webview update, but maybe that's just paranoia. What I really wanted to know is if anybody else has just recently (like the past week) experienced a sharp drop in connection performance. I ran a connection speed test and it showed an average of 24 mbps, which is the normal rate for the package I'm subscribed to. I'm using my Note as a mobile hotspot right now to be honest. My obsolete DNA is leaving it in the dust as of late.

This is happening on both Wifi and 4g btw.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sorry, I'm not speaking from personal experience, but have you already tried a cache partition wipe? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-14686

The Android System WebView idea is a good one, since it was already causing problems with the Verizon HTC One M8. See what happens if you uninstall the updates in the App Manager.

Cappstar

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Sorry it's takin me a while to get back, I keep making accounts for this forum that I can't log in to for some strange reason and sometimes I hit the back button and it erases everything I write. Cool.

Anyways,

Yes I did reset the phone. I reset everything. I rolled everything back. I rolled it all forwards. I traveled to the future and downloaded the next update. Nothing.

All my benchmarks show no abnormalities. Connection speed strength is excellent. Even superb.

Yet for whatever reason, it takes me phone a good 10 seconds to "think about" loading anything before it actually starts loading. If a hard reset didn't fix this, could that mean it's a hardware thing?

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, but what about Android System WebView? Is it the most recent version? If so, did you try uninstalling its updates? Is that what you mean by rolling everything back and forward?

Cappstar

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I saw webview update right before the wifi got crappy so I thought hey I'll just uninstall that and see what happens. Nothing. Whatever happened is requiring another update to fix. The poor verizon guy didn't know what to tell me besides the fact that I was the 6th note 4 user to complain about wifi that week. He's having another note 4 shipped to my house but for what I'm not really sure.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol