I was previously an owner of the Note 3 and now I have the 4 and absolutely love both phones. I'm hoping they will keep the removable battery and expandable storage but I don't have my hopes up. I don't mind the non removable battery because the battery life gets me through the day with heavy to moderate usage. If they also remove expandable storeage then I will have to purchase the 64 GB model.

But I started this thread to see what current Note users would like Samsung to improve on with the Note 5.

Posted via the AT&T Note 4
    05-01-2015 07:32 PM
    I don't mind the non removable battery
    I do for a number of reasons. A hardware reset requires disassembling the phone (a long-press on the power switch simulates a battery pull, but it doesn't remove power from hung hardware). If the battery goes into thermal runaway, I watch my phone melt. Replacing the battery is about 4 times as expensive and a bit of work (or a week's waiting if you can't do it yourself). You can't swap batteries if you have a heavy day.

If they also remove expandable storeage then I will have to purchase the 64 GB model.
    You can't boot a dead phone from the non-existent SD card. You can buy a 128GB phone, but I can carry 10TB of cards in a shirt pocket and have room left for a Note 3. If the phone gets run over, or dropped in the ocean, anything not backed up is gone. If the card survives the tire (it'll survive getting wet), my data is safe.

But I started this thread to see what current Note users would like Samsung to improve on with the Note 5.
    An Ara phone - replaceable parts. It's coming, but it probably won't be here until about the Note 7 or 8.
    05-01-2015 07:47 PM
    I think the first thing samsung should do is to make Note 5 battery removable then extending its life and fixing all of lollipop problems.
    Oh and the expandable memory is the most important thing for most of us

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-01-2015 07:52 PM
    I said it before and I'll say it again. Note 5 is not going to be the S6 plus. Really, what's the point then if Note 5 is going to end up a bigger screen of S6? Samsung knows Note users are not galaxy S users. Lets just chill and enjoy the note we have today
    05-01-2015 08:57 PM
    I'd like to see an S6 screen size in addition to what reportedly will be a 5.9" screen on the N5. The N4 is my first Note and while I like the larger screen I would prefer a smaller one because after using my N4 since late October I find the physical size of the phone to be a hassle to transport and it takes up too much real estate on my car dash. I like the stylus so I'd buy a smaller Edge version if they offered it-the size of the original Note (which I think was 5.2" or 5.3") would work for me. If it only comes w/ a 5.9" screen I may have to look at something else. What I don't know because I've always had a removable battery & external SD on my Android phones.
    05-01-2015 10:26 PM
    Removable battery and lots and lots of cloud storage.
    05-01-2015 10:53 PM
    I said it before and I'll say it again. Note 5 is not going to be the S6 plus. Really, what's the point then if Note 5 is going to end up a bigger screen of S6? Samsung knows Note users are not galaxy S users. Lets just chill and enjoy the note we have today
    Well as much as I would love it to have both a removable battery and expandable storage nobody knows what Samsung will do with the Note 5 just yet.

Trust me I am enjoying my Note 4 but I like to upgrade my phone every year. I just started this thread to get some input from other Note users to see what improvements they would like to see.

I also hope at least carriers will cut down on the amount of bloatware they put into our phones.

05-02-2015 06:58 AM
    From my understanding Verizon did a great job with the bloat ware. They elminated a lot of it. Supposedly the note 5 is suppose to look like this this is just a concept

Attached Thumbnails What are your expectations for the Note 5-screenshot_2015-05-01-21-40-16.jpg  
    05-02-2015 05:31 PM
    From my understanding Verizon did a great job with the bloat ware. They elminated a lot of it. Supposedly the note 5 is suppose to look like this this is just a concept

I hope AT&T starts to do that as well because they filled the Note 4 with a bunch of apps that I would never use. The only AT&T app I use is the MyAT&T app.

Some of the Samsung apps I don't mind at all and find them quite useful

05-02-2015 05:51 PM
    I hope AT&T starts to do that as well because they filled the Note 4 with a bunch of apps that I would never use. The only AT&T app I use is the MyAT&T app. Some of the Samsung apps I don't mind at all and find them quite useful.

That Note 5 concept looks awesome and hopefully it does look like that.

05-02-2015 05:56 PM
    I expect it to be better than this note 4 or I will keep this one. I don't see how it could get better to be honest. Then again this is my first note phone

05-02-2015 06:46 PM
    I expect it to be better than this note 4 or I will keep this one. I don't see how it could get better to be honest. Then again this is my first note phone

My first Note was the Note 3 and some said that the Note 4 wasn't worth upgrading if you already had a Note 3. But the Note 4 wasn't definitely worth it IMO. The Note 5 will definitely be my next device regardless if it doesn't have a removable battery or expandable storage.

05-02-2015 07:06 PM
    Phone Arena has more photos of these concept renders (by Note fans, NOT Samsung). Personally, I don't like the renders at all! The back looks like glass (yuck!) and the top and bottom bezels are way too big. If the Note 5 is anything like this, I'll pass.
    Luckily they are just renders. Samsung has always done a great job designing their Note's as it is their true flagship. I'm sure they won't disappoint us.

cwbcpa likes this.
    05-03-2015 09:53 AM
    I was previously an owner of the Note 3 and now I have the 4 and absolutely love both phones. I'm hoping they will keep the removable battery and expandable storage but I don't have my hopes up. I don't mind the non removable battery because the battery life gets me through the day with heavy to moderate usage. If they also remove expandable storeage then I will have to purchase the 64 GB model.

Seeing as how the S6 sold millions, they'll probably make it just like the S6 only bigger.
    05-03-2015 03:49 PM
    Are you driving a clown car or something?

Posted via My Note 4
    05-04-2015 04:21 PM
    I am waiting for the Note 6. Since Samsung will be making some serious changes there will be a lot bugs to be worked out in this machine that I will let the people who feel these need to have the latest and greatest phone buy it and then complain about it first! lol

I don't expect a MicroSD card or a removal battery I do expect the same style as the S6, the speaker and headphone jack on the bottom but the pen on the top of the phone which would bring it back to the original pen PDA devices, they all had their pen holster on the top of the device. Make sense figuring you want to be able to pull it out and out quickly to use it and not fumble with is while pulling it out the bottom like people currently do.
    05-04-2015 04:28 PM
    I am waiting for the Note 6. Since Samsung will be making some serious changes there will be a lot bugs to be worked out in this machine that I will let the people who feel these need to have the latest and greatest phone buy it and then complain about it first! lol

I don't expect a MicroSD card or a removal battery I do expect the same style as the S6, the speaker and headphone jack on the bottom but the pen on the top of the phone which would bring it back to the original pen PDA devices, they all had their pen holster on the top of the device. Make sense figuring you want to be able to pull it out and out quickly to use it and not fumble with is while pulling it out the bottom like people currently do.
    I hope you are wrong. I guess we will have to wait and see. I would expect changes though so I will probably hold off a little while as well. I would like to have the sd card and removable battery, but with enough internal memory and a big enough battery I can deal with it. I hope they don't move the S-pen to the top. I like it on the bottom. I don't understand why having it on the bottom is causing people trouble. I don't think I have heard that complaint before.
    05-04-2015 04:58 PM
    Not expectations, but my wish list includes:

1. Front facing speaker.
    2. Edges made of a more grippy surface. Textured plastic would be fine.
    3. Make the BACK and MENU buttons on the same side as they are on for all other Android devices (BACK on the left, MENU/Task Switch on the right).
    4. I wouldn't mind a slightly thicker phone if I could have a slightly larger battery and wireless charging.

All slight tweaks. Other than that, I'm very happy with the feature set as it is.
    05-04-2015 05:06 PM
    4K 5.9 - 6 inch screen, less bezel than the 4 (edge to edge screen). 4gb of ram. Snapdragon 810 cpu. 2 versions like the S6 one with curved edges on both sides but usable like the Note Edge. 32Gb 64Gb 128 and 256Gb versions with SD card and removable battery support. Slightly better battery life than the 4. Qi wireless charging built in. 2 speakers on back stereo sound.. Thats what I'm hoping for anyway, may not get half of that.
    05-04-2015 05:37 PM
    QI wireless charging.

Posted From MY Next Big Thing!!
    05-05-2015 09:33 AM
    1. Removeable battery
    2. Removeable battery
    3. Removeable battery.

That's about it. The 4 is nearly perfect.

via The Note 4
    05-06-2015 11:45 AM