low benchmark results of my note 4

rohan joshi1

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
my smn910c shows 39000 benchmark. Even after i factory reset my phone still d same thing. But actually the results should be in the range of 48000. Could anyone help me with this. Thanks in advance.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Test 1. Powered up phone, installed AnTuTu 5.7.1 and ran the Test. Test crashed upon trying to report results on the screen. Restarted phone and let it sit for a few minutes so that apps and services had a chance to settle down, and reach a steady state. Test score was 29445 (see Test 2 below).

Test 2. Opened AnTuTu and it showed 29445 as the first result's score (Test 1). Ran again with Test result as 31634.

Test 3. Restarted and let phone settle for a few minutes after OS was fully booted and all apps completed updating status on the Notification bar/screen (same as the 2nd test). Score was 39220.

Test 4. Restarted and repeated process as noted in Test 3. Again phone was being charged. Ran Test. 37584 was the score.

All of the above is on a Verizon Note 4 SM-910V with Android/TouchWiz 5.0.1. For Tests 1-2 the phone was not being charged. For Tests 3-4 the phone was being charged. Phone was warm during all Tests as the workloads run do crank up CPU, Memory, Graphics, and Storage subsystems - and thus generate heat. Phone was warmer during the Tests when it was connected to the charger.

I tried to be fairly consistent in the methodology used, and provide two tests with battery power only, and two with battery power + charger power (in case there is any power throttling/energy saving algorithms at play).

Update: I do have an older SanDisk Mobile Ultra Micro SD XC I 64GB (Class 6) card for the external SD card. I've had this card I think since the S3 days, so closing in on ~ four years. If AnTuTu is writing to/reading from the external SD card for the Test, then that may account for the lower scores I'm seeing compared to the reference Note 4's score at 48,000 plus - if the reference Note 4 used a faster class SD card as the external SD card.

Last edited:

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Ran AnTuTu 5.7.1 on my Sprint SM-N910P and scored 50920, which is consistent with previous scores when I have run the benchmark.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
That's roughly 27% higher score than what I recieved for the highest out of the four tests run.

I think the Sprint and Verizon Note 4 hardware specifications are the same, although there could be some differences in the 5.0.1 software build. Besides the potential differences in external SD card capabilities and any other background apps/processes running while AnTuTu was running; not clear why there is such a wide variation in Test results.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
That's roughly 27% higher score than what I recieved for the highest out of the four tests run.

I think the Sprint and Verizon Note 4 hardware specifications are the same, although there could be some differences in the 5.0.1 software build. Besides the potential differences in external SD card capabilities and any other background apps/processes running while AnTuTu was running; not clear why there is such a wide variation in Test results.

Yeah, I'm running pure stock and have a lot apps loaded on it and a 128GB Samsung EVO card. I haven't done a reset or anything other than clearing the cache partition on occasion.

Gearheadaddy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I just ran Antutu on my Verizon Galaxy Note 4, plugged in charging at 48%, WiFi on, Bluetooth on, Patriot Class 10 card (4 years old), 200 apps installed and none on SD card...all in phone memory...10 GB of pics n vids on sd card...Benchmark is 48,967

Posted via the Verizon Note 4

Gearheadaddy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
P.S. Get rid of crappy San Disk and get either a Patriot or Samsung Card... Less returns and complaints according to Micro Center and Frys...I asked the geeks at 9 different locations...

Posted via the Verizon Note 4

etdoner

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Just activate the knox active protection. There is a bug in shamesung 5.0.1 tw that throttles the gpu. Knox active protection activation seems to fix it. Just type knox in settings search and activate it. It will ask for a restart, after restarting do an antutu and you are good. ✋

Edit: I had the same issue and this is a fix. Don't factory reset or change SD card

Posted via the Android Central App

PublicImageLtd

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
my smn910c shows 39000 benchmark. Even after i factory reset my phone still d same thing. But actually the results should be in the range of 48000. Could anyone help me with this. Thanks in advance.

Mines low as well, I don't care, I know it's a mistake.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I just reran the Test and got a 49184. Phone was off power (on battery), and on WiFi only. Same methodology I used before. Powered on the phone and let it sit a while. Then ran the Test.

Can someone run a Test with WiFi only, Mobile network only, and then WiFi + Mobile network? I noticed WiFi traffic running the entire time that the Test was running. Could certainly be other apps/processes sending/receiving traffic while the Test was running, but I am now wondering if AnTuTu Test communicates with a test harness while the Test is running; and if so does the network bandwidth, speed, and latency have any bearing on the Test results?