I have a grey market Note 4 (SM-N910G Singapore) and am unable to receive OTA updates. Currently on Android Kitkat 4.4.4 wanting to flash Lollipop 5.0.2 rooted. I don't mind tripping KNOX.

So I decide to flash Lollipop on the device myself using Odin. Odin fails stating write error when trying to flash both CWM and TWRP recovery, so I boot into recovery and get "Installing system update..." then "No command."

The recovery appears to work correctly and allows me to wipe cache and factory reset. I've also tried to root several times to no avail.

The phone is totally stock with KNOX still at 0x0. The only thing I've done was change the CSC while trying to get OTA updates to work, I have no idea if this would cause any issue but its also back to stock now (XSP).

I've been searching the internet and found similar issues to mine but no solution that works for me, mostly cause Odin straight out fails (USB debugging is on, drivers are up to date and Odin sees the phone).

Let me know if I've forgotten any info.
    05-02-2015 01:44 PM
    I have a grey market Note 4 (SM-N910G Singapore) and am unable to receive OTA updates.
    Because it's not a real Note 4. (If by "grey market" you mean a real Note 4, but bought in Singapore, or made in Singapore, that's a totally different situation.)

So I decide to flash Lollipop on the device myself using Odin. Odin fails stating write error when trying to flash both CWM and TWRP recovery, so I boot into recovery and get "Installing system update..." then "No command."

The recovery appears to work correctly and allows me to wipe cache and factory reset. I've also tried to root several times to no avail.

The phone is totally stock with KNOX still at 0x0. The only thing I've done was change the CSC while trying to get OTA updates to work, I have no idea if this would cause any issue but its also back to stock now (XSP).

I've been searching the internet and found similar issues to mine but no solution that works for me, mostly cause Odin straight out fails (USB debugging is on, drivers are up to date and Odin sees the phone).

Let me know if I've forgotten any info.
    If the hardware isn't close enough for Note 4 software to work on it, you're never going to flash Note 4 software successfully. (Recovery is a totally different system, so destroying the normal Android system won't cause the recovdery system [or the download system] to fail.) You'll probably have to get a ROM from the manufacturer and, possibly, a program to flash it with.
    05-02-2015 07:15 PM
    Thanks for the reply.

It is a real Note 4. I mean grey market due to it being from Singapore (I'm in Australia, got it from a legitimate reseller.). It matches close enough to benchmarks on both AnTuTu and Quadrant. Build quality is excellent and everything on it software wise seems well above board.

Since your reply OTA Lollipop update(5.0.1) has actually worked all of a sudden for what ever reason and the "No command" error is gone and I've managed to root without any issues.
    05-03-2015 02:05 PM