I've been having a strange issue on my Note 4. While streaming audio from either the XiiaLive app or Web browser, while on cellular data (strong signal LTE) with the screen off, I've been getting audio pauses every minute or so. Spotify has no issues. I've tried a factory reset, no difference. I'm on AT&T running 5.0.1. Fine with the screen on and while on WiFi. Any ideas?? Thanks.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-03-2015 06:44 AM
    Anyone?

05-04-2015 07:18 AM
    I think it could be an app related issue. (Just a guess, could be completely wrong).

I experience a similar issue with the Overdrive Media Console audio books but not with streaming. The files (multiple per book) are already downloaded to my phone.

When Overdrive finishes one file and needs to load the next, which could be in the middle of a book chapter, the app stops playing. If I turn the screen on, wait a few seconds, Overdrive starts playing the next audio file. If I never turn the screen on, Overdrive never continues playing. I don't have to do anything in the app, just turn the screen on.

But with other streaming apps (Pocketcast, iHeart) I don't experience the paused audio issue.
    05-04-2015 12:01 PM
    I assumed it was an app related issue, but using the same stream url in the Internet browser I have the same issue. Just really annoying.

05-04-2015 06:58 PM
    I assumed it was an app related issue, but using the same stream url in the Internet browser I have the same issue. Just really annoying.

Good luck. You might try contacting the developer.

Also, post the link here and I can see if it is falling to stream on my note 4 too in my web browser.
    05-04-2015 09:28 PM
    I let this podcast stream in Google Chrome for 15+ minutes on 3G/4G Verizon. It did not pause at all.

http://pca.st/PISM (NPR Car Talk - funny guys)

Will it work on your phone?
    05-04-2015 11:11 PM
    Tried your link. Seems to work fine for me no pauses.
    Screen shot from my stream. The dots are the pauses. This is over a 5 minute or so period.
    Attached Thumbnails Audio playback issue.-screenshot_2015-05-05-08-34-20.jpg  
    05-05-2015 07:52 AM
    Fixed the issue. It involved heading to Att and getting a warranty replacement.

goin_nil likes this.
    05-10-2015 12:29 PM