Has anyone tried the charging pad with the Note 4? It looks like you have to buy the pad as well as a new phone back to make the pad operational. If you have one, how well does it work? Can I still use my Otterbox case with this or would I have to remove it every time that I use the pad?

Thanks in advance.
    05-04-2015 07:27 AM
    I have one and it works well but the replacement back is a little thicker than the original so most cases do not work with it. I actually do not use it any more for this reason. There is a thread on here where someone removed "guts" from the wireless charging back and put it directly on the battery. This allowed them to use the stock back and it worked with cases.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Skinscrushcowboys likes this.
    05-04-2015 09:07 AM
    Thanks, If I have to give up my Otterbox it is a no go for me. That thing has saved my phone countless times
    05-04-2015 09:13 AM
    I got one of the wireless charging receivers and put it in my phone, it fits under the stock back on the battery. There are a ton of them on Amazon. I have not plugged a cord into my phone for two weeks, I love it.

05-04-2015 09:18 AM
    I got one of the wireless charging receivers and put it in my phone, it fits under the stock back on the battery. There are a ton of them on Amazon. I have not plugged a cord into my phone for two weeks, I love it.

Just curious here on that since I've read articles on these such as the one offered by TYLT in the Vu-Mate Qi Charging Card. The reports that even with the stock SGN.IV back cover there is a small bump and would be noticeable especially when laying it on a flat surface. Here's one article on that: TYLT Vu-Mate Qi charging card for the Galaxy Note 4 | Android Central

I'll keep an eye out for more offerings of these wireless chargers/charging and its future "improvements."
    05-04-2015 09:30 AM
    Nice, any chance you can post a picture of this and or a link to what you got off of Amazon?

Thanks
    05-04-2015 10:55 AM
    I bought a charger circuit board separately from Amazon and scotch taped in in the standard back. Started out by a YouTube video. My Note 3 charge pad works fine with it. The pad is a Samsung one that was cheap and easy to use too; just a little bigger than the phone.
    Amazon Chi board is Qi-infinity™ Note 4 receiver with NFC Coil, S-view Compatibility Ultra-thin Qi Wireless Charging Receiver Card Coil - Samsung Galaxy N9100
    05-04-2015 12:49 PM
    Whatever you do, make sure you get a 3 coil charging pad, it charges much faster. I have a stick on receiver, placed on the battery, stock door and wallet case, the kind for credit cards etc, and it charges through that. So it should work with the Otterbox.

Make sure you use the stock Note 4 charging brick otherwise it is sloooow charging like 6 hours from like 20% to full. With the stock block it's more like 4 hours. Ok for overnight or at your desk during the day but definitely not for a quick charge.

Here's the receiver:
    Qi-infinity™ Note 4 receiver with NFC Coil, S-view Compatibil... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00P48BIFY/...cUvbUpU4408326

3 coil charger:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=AWQ5lI_O

via The Note 4
    05-05-2015 06:28 PM
    Whatever you do, make sure you get a 3 coil charging pad, it charges much faster. I have a stick on receiver, placed on the battery, stock door and wallet case, the kind for credit cards etc, and it charges through that. So it should work with the Otterbox.

Here's the receiver:
    Qi-infinity™ Note 4 receiver with NFC Coil, S-view Compatibil... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00P48BIFY/...cUvbUpU4408683

3 coil charger:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=3lX1wDgF

via The Note 4
    First off, thanks for posting those links!

Now I'm curious to know if that Ultra Thin Qi Wireless Charging Receiver Card Coil adds an ever so slightly "bump" on the stock SGN.IV's back cover or not? Or not enough to care?
    05-05-2015 09:47 PM
    First off, thanks for posting those links!

Now I'm curious to know if that Ultra Thin Qi Wireless Charging Receiver Card Coil adds an ever so slightly "bump" on the stock SGN.IV's back cover or not? Or not enough to care?
    I ordered this today, $47 total for both including shipping, will report back after I have it and have tried it out.

CHOETECH Note 4 QI Wireless Charger for Galaxy Note 4 Wireless Charger Pad and Wireless Receiver Kit Included :
    by CHOETECH
    Price: $99.00
    Sale: $35.99 & FREE Shipping. Details
    In Stock.
    • QI standard wireless charger and receiver kit for Note 4(Charging pad will also work for other QI enabled device,like Nexus 6 and LG G3)
    • Original adapter or 1.5 to 2.1 A adapter is required to get the charging pad works properly
    • Indicator lights will do initial blinks when it is connected to the power source, it will turn solid blue when the phone is getting charged
    • Protective cases is suggested to be removed off during charging, it might affect the charging efficiency
    • The wireless charger pad is compatible with Samsung wireless charging cover for Galaxy Note 4
    msndrstood likes this.
    05-06-2015 06:50 AM
    I ordered this today, $47 total for both including shipping, will report back after I have it and have tried it out.

CHOETECH Note 4 QI Wireless Charger for Galaxy Note 4 Wireless Charger Pad and Wireless Receiver Kit Included :
    by CHOETECH
    Price: $99.00
    Sale: $35.99 & FREE Shipping. Details
    In Stock.
    • QI standard wireless charger and receiver kit for Note 4(Charging pad will also work for other QI enabled device,like Nexus 6 and LG G3)
    • Original adapter or 1.5 to 2.1 A adapter is required to get the charging pad works properly
    • Indicator lights will do initial blinks when it is connected to the power source, it will turn solid blue when the phone is getting charged
    • Protective cases is suggested to be removed off during charging, it might affect the charging efficiency
    • The wireless charger pad is compatible with Samsung wireless charging cover for Galaxy Note 4
    Let us know how it works for you. I am curious.
    05-08-2015 09:47 AM