I just got a Note 4 after having used the Galaxy S5. I have a Plantronics earpiece that I used with the S5 and never had problems with it suddenly disconnecting. Now that I'm using it with MY Note 4, I have had several occasions when the connection simply drops and I have to reconnect the earpiece to the Note 4.
    Has anyone else experienced this issue with the Note 4? What are some recommended Bluetooth earpieces for the Note 4?
    05-04-2015 10:45 AM
    I have used the Plantronics Voyager (original not Pro) & am currently using the Plantronics Edge and neither dropped calls. The Edge is sometimes buggy when saying "answer/ignore" and the on/off the ear detection feature does not work but I think that's on Plantronics end not the N4.

Before I bought the Edge I thoroughly read Amazon user reviews for the top of the line Jabra & Blue Ant (I think Q2) BT earpieces and chose the Edge because it reportedly had much better noise suppression than the other two & Blue Ant owners consistently reported quality problems that rendered their Q2's inoperable. The Edge does in fact have much better noise suppression than my Voyager does. In the car using the Voyager callers could hear external noises, using the Edge they can not.

Hope that helps.
    05-04-2015 11:30 AM