Which Qi pad are you using?

varunaX

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I have the OEM Samsung QI pads (the long fat one, and the small square one) and both shut off when the phone reaches 100%. I hate this as in the morning when I wake up, my phone is never at 100%.

Ive read contradicting stories that it is the phone's OS that controls this and it has nothing to do with the pad itself, whereas others say some pads have a trickle charge feature, which keeps it topped up at 100% always.

I'm wondering which pad you guys use with your note 4s, specifically ones that do not shut off and stop charging after reaching 100%.

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered this....should have this week, will let you know.

CHOE Stadium Qi Wireless Charger 3-Coils Wide Charging Area Wireless Charging Pad for Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge,Nexus 6, Sony Xperia Z3V, Nexus 5 /7

Qi-infinity™ Note 4 receiver with NFC Coil, S-view Compatibility Ultra-thin Qi Wireless Charging Receiver Card Coil - Samsung Galaxy N9100

Chasfenner

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I have 2 of the Qi Stadium 3 coil CHOE charger and they work great. The large size makes it easy to place my note 4 on it without having to worry about perfect placement or balancing it. I use a black one on the desk and a white one on the nightstand (white is easier to see if the dark). A blue LED lights up once the connection has been made and it keeps the phone at 100% until I remove it.

Hope that this helps
Charles

Posted via the Android Central App

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
yootech Qi for the Note 4, Amazon but ti is out of stock there. It is only .7mm thick so I works under the original back and with any case. Alignment is a bit finicky but after using it for a while it is now a breeze. To help I put a small bit of tape on the outside of the back cover aligned with the center of the coil, it is now second nature.

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Just got this and charging...only plugged in for 10 mins, but has gone down 2%..not sure why. Will give it an hour or so and see what happens
------------
CHOE Stadium Qi Wireless Charger 3-Coils Wide Charging Area Wireless Charging Pad for Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge,Nexus 6, Sony Xperia Z3V, Nexus 5 /7

Qi-infinity™ Note 4 receiver with NFC Coil, S-view Compatibility Ultra-thin Qi Wireless Charging Receiver Card Coil - Samsung Galaxy N9100

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Just got this and charging...only plugged in for 10 mins, but has gone down 2%..not sure why. Will give it an hour or so and see what happens
------------

I always clear my cache before I charge just to make sure nothing is running to drain the battery. Does it help? I don't know for sure but it seems to help.

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE....After some modifications working like a charm. Had to use a small amount of electrical tape to secure the contacts onto under the rear cover. Also put a small piece of tape on the inside of the rear cover to press on the contact. Success!DSC06253.JPGDSC06254.JPG

Neo_ii_Droid

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
UPDATE....After some modifications working like a charm. Had to use a small amount of electrical tape to secure the contacts onto under the rear cover. Also put a small piece of tape on the inside of the rear cover to press on the contact. Success!

Say, can you post a shot of the back cover on the phone? Just curious to know if any "bump" whatsoever?

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I am a big fan of the Tylt. Works great, zero alignment issues, and it props my phone up.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk