Why is my Note 4 freezing up?

A

AC Question

Note 4 freezing up

I've had my note 4 for about 3 weeks,it continues to freeze up,then I have to shut everything down. Why is it doing this? I've always had Samsung cell phones and this is the worst one I've ever had,for the money I paid it sure does suck. I'm at my wits end with this phone.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Note 4 freezing up

Facebook updates having been freezing my Note 4 for a few weeks. It seems to have stopped with the latest update.

via The Note 4

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

When I'm in facebook and click on a post that launches another window to go to an article, this is when my phone will lock up. It only happens in Facebook, so I'm guessing the phone is fine it is simply Facebook's app... in my case anyways.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

The pre-installed Facebook app is updating outside of the Play Store and bypassing security.

I have been in discussions with Samsung and AT&T about this. You guys need to be reporting this to your carrier and Samsung.

Make sure you turn off auto-updates in the Play Store so you can let them know it for sure is not coming through the Play Store.

I wasn't even logged into any account on my phone, so no access to the Play Store, the app still updated directly through the app.

The more people that report this to Samsung, the quicker something can get done.

Bravesga1972

May 2, 2015
Visit site

App caused issues for me too. I unchecked auto updates, and disabled and uninstalled the app. Currently using actual FB website instead.

Posted via the Android Central App

rbyn

May 6, 2015
Visit site

Yes mine also. When I click to watch a video or read a story and it opens up a window from Facebook it freezes and locks up. But after doing the wipe it fixed everything else but that

CH4O7IC CLU7CH

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site

When I'm in facebook and click on a post that launches another window to go to an article, this is when my phone will lock up. It only happens in Facebook, so I'm guessing the phone is fine it is simply Facebook's app... in my case anyways.

It's not the Facebook app. It's the new Android lollipop update. I have owned the note 4 since it came out and haven't had any issues until I downloaded the lollipop update. Now my battery dies quicker, my phone freezes up with several apps, and my wifi disconnects on its own for no apparent reason. This lollipop update is garbage and never should have been sent out in its current state.

CH4O7IC CLU7CH

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
I've had my note 4 for about 3 weeks,it continues to freeze up,then I have to shut everything down. Why is it doing this? I've always had Samsung cell phones and this is the worst one I've ever had,for the money I paid it sure does suck. I'm at my wits end with this phone.

It's due to the new lollipop update. Has nothing to do with the phone or apps.

wricu01

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site

If you're using the fingerprint scanner just use a different lock method in your phone will stop freezing I was having the same issue with my device it has been flawless since I shut that off the printer print scanner is unstable in this version of lollipop I'm not sure if its a sprint phone issue with that version of lollipop in the fingerprint scanner but I'm not the only one having this issue obviously

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon