I've had my note 4 for about 3 weeks,it continues to freeze up,then I have to shut everything down. Why is it doing this? I've always had Samsung cell phones and this is the worst one I've ever had,for the money I paid it sure does suck. I'm at my wits end with this phone.
    05-04-2015 04:22 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Try wiping the cache partition: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-14686
    rbyn likes this.
    05-05-2015 01:07 AM
    Thank you,so far so good! I appreciate your prompt and helpful advice.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    05-05-2015 09:05 PM
    Facebook updates having been freezing my Note 4 for a few weeks. It seems to have stopped with the latest update.

via The Note 4
    05-06-2015 11:15 AM
    When I'm in facebook and click on a post that launches another window to go to an article, this is when my phone will lock up. It only happens in Facebook, so I'm guessing the phone is fine it is simply Facebook's app... in my case anyways.
    05-06-2015 02:05 PM
    Facebook App is causing it for me also.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-06-2015 08:15 PM
    The pre-installed Facebook app is updating outside of the Play Store and bypassing security.

I have been in discussions with Samsung and AT&T about this. You guys need to be reporting this to your carrier and Samsung.

Make sure you turn off auto-updates in the Play Store so you can let them know it for sure is not coming through the Play Store.

I wasn't even logged into any account on my phone, so no access to the Play Store, the app still updated directly through the app.

The more people that report this to Samsung, the quicker something can get done.
    05-06-2015 09:06 PM
    App caused issues for me too. I unchecked auto updates, and disabled and uninstalled the app. Currently using actual FB website instead.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-07-2015 09:34 AM
    Yes mine also. When I click to watch a video or read a story and it opens up a window from Facebook it freezes and locks up. But after doing the wipe it fixed everything else but that
    05-08-2015 10:42 PM
    When I'm in facebook and click on a post that launches another window to go to an article, this is when my phone will lock up. It only happens in Facebook, so I'm guessing the phone is fine it is simply Facebook's app... in my case anyways.
    It's not the Facebook app. It's the new Android lollipop update. I have owned the note 4 since it came out and haven't had any issues until I downloaded the lollipop update. Now my battery dies quicker, my phone freezes up with several apps, and my wifi disconnects on its own for no apparent reason. This lollipop update is garbage and never should have been sent out in its current state.
    08-31-2015 11:32 AM
    I've had my note 4 for about 3 weeks,it continues to freeze up,then I have to shut everything down. Why is it doing this? I've always had Samsung cell phones and this is the worst one I've ever had,for the money I paid it sure does suck. I'm at my wits end with this phone.
    It's due to the new lollipop update. Has nothing to do with the phone or apps.
    08-31-2015 11:33 AM
    If you're using the fingerprint scanner just use a different lock method in your phone will stop freezing I was having the same issue with my device it has been flawless since I shut that off the printer print scanner is unstable in this version of lollipop I'm not sure if its a sprint phone issue with that version of lollipop in the fingerprint scanner but I'm not the only one having this issue obviously
    08-31-2015 11:58 AM
    It is not the fingerprint scanner. It is Smart Stay that is causing the freezes. Turn it off.
    08-31-2015 12:12 PM